Why do some people like marijuana so much?

To the point where they smoke it every day and want to come up with bull shit reasons to legalize it...

What does it do for them or are they just stupid?

Most Helpful Girl

• I smoked when I was younger and stopped because sometimes I'd have panic attacks.

BUT, I have an aunt with lupus who had tried edibles for pain management and it works really well for her.

• I'm sure 1,000,000 things would work...

LSD can cure alcoholism, should we legalize it?

• PM me please...

• I've had intense panic attacks also. It scared me soo much that I quit lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why wouldn't they want to do something they enjoy everyday? People that smoke it have different reactions. In some people it is great, in others it can be a bad experience. I have never even tried it, and even I realize there are very good reasons to legalize it. Just because I don't want to do something, doesn't mean that I have a right to deny that freedom to others.

As far as your comment about LSD being able to cure alcoholism, and legalizing that for medical purposes, I would say that we should leave it up to the doctors to decide, and not politicians. There are lots of medications that can get people high that people need to be healthy.

As far as legalizing LSD for recreational use? That may be possible, but like all products it would need to be regulated for safety. There is a healthy middle ground between total anarchy and banning something completely, and that requires well thought out regulation. Some countries sell products similar to LSD openly already and are doing fine, but they are a much weaker form than what you might be use to. Properly regulated it shouldn't be a problem.

• Have you ever done acid?

Some things should remain illegal

Or just do what they do in Switzerland...

• What do you mean by "at this point"? How is this point any different than any other point? Our current system isn't working, and is actually the main cause of gang violence. We need to try and find a better system. For example if you had to go to a clinic for your drugs, it would eliminate the criminal element, over dosing, or getting impure drugs. After using drugs a lot of addicts actually think about quitting, but can't stick with it long term. If only available at a clinic the person would be at the perfect place to ask for help to get off of drugs by asking the doctor for help right after they get their fix.

Legalizing drugs doesn't mean you tell people that drugs are okay. We would still tell people that drugs are bad for you, and that you should stay away from them. We need to look at each drug individually and figure out how best to handle them, rather than this idea that we will just ban them all. That method has completely failed to work.

• Whatever, I don't really care...

What Girls Said 2

• I don't smoke daily but when I do it's the happiest moment of my day, month, year life. Few non human things can make me anywhere near that happy. I'd smoke more if I didn't have school and a job and it was cheaper plus had less negative affects on your lungs. Drinking feels like self harm compared to smoking

• What is so happy about it?

• Next heard of it lol

• Well for me personally it helps to minimize the effects of migraines...

• And there are no other ways to do this?

No legal solutions?

Would you take it in the form of an oil if it didn't get you high?

• Yes there are pills but the side effects are horrible where as with marijuana there are little to no negative side effects. Yes id take it in any form as long as it still helped with the migraines and had no negative side effects...

What Guys Said 11

• Just because YOU made bad experiences with pot doesn't mean everybody makes bad experiences. I don't smoke pot but I have done so for a couple of years and I haven't experienced any bad side effects ever. The simple I've stopped is because it stopped losing its effect on me. And just to let you know concerning your crazy misinformation about alcohol: my own uncle died two years ago because he was a lifelong alcoholic. He was only 59 but he was mentally completely fucked-up. He had all kinds of paranoia and he became more and more fundamentalist in his religious believes the more he got addicted etc. It really wasn't fun to see him fall apart like a pile of rubble, both mentally and physically. Alcohol is one of the worst drugs ever.

Having said that, we're not even talking about people becoming addicted to something when we talk about the legalization of cannabis. We talk about personal freedom. Anyone who wants to smoke pot should have the freedom to do so, just like you have the freedom to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, eat fast food or drive a car. All these things are significantly more dangerous and costly than smoking pot.

• So should we legalize LSD and crack?

• like that. You can watch the woman on that website take her heroin (there is an explanation from the off in English). Think of it more like an aspirin. Basically, heroin addicts are constantly sick. Ironically, what makes them sick (the heroin) also makes them feel better. If they take it, they feel good, they feel energized, they feel motivated and they can and want to do something (such as work). It's like having a strong headache and taking that aspirin you crave for. If they can't have their heroin, they feel sluggish and unmotivated and that is when they start to cause problems for society. Also, pure heroin is actually much better for them than the polluted stuff they used to get from the illegal market 30 years ago. Many times, it the hidden substances mixed into the heroin that made them even more sick than the pure heroin they get now. I think this is a great of dealing with the problem and I believe it should be adopted by other countries (some are thinking about it actually)

• It's good that that system prevents younger people from beginning addicted to it...

• I've got a medical card, it's got some excellent medicinal properties. It's really not a big deal. It's very arguably less harmful than alcohol, and at very least it's no worse, and it's certainly better for you than tobacco, and both of those can be bought at the store.

• For the same exact reason people like alcohol so much; however, pot is much better for, if you must have a crutch.

• I think marijuana has more of a permanent effect on your brain than alcohol...

As far as I know, alcohol doesn't cause permanent brain damage...

• but I won't because it's illegal, of course...

• I can't stand funding the largest per capita prison population in the world, and paying for a phony drug war. If people want drugs, let them register as drug addicts and have at it. I'm a Constitutionalist not a Nazi. Pot is a nothing drug far less invasive than alcohol, and I'm not interested in paying another nickel to hire cops yo chase potheads or recreational users. I'm not interested in your prejudices against "stoners".

• Eh, live and let live. I mean, hell, more people die from circling through the McDonald's drive-thru than do from marijuana smoke.

And hey, bonus! Marijuana consumption boosts fast food revenues!

(Seriously though, some people use it medicinally, others use it recreationally. It's not for me, but I don't care what others do.)

• When you smoke, you exist uninhibited. You do not catagorize tasks as good or bad. You simply revel in everything you do. There's such profound amazement in something as simple as brushing your teeth. This mindset is what is addictive, smoking itself sucks.

• That entire paragraph was retarded...

Do you see my point?

• Why do feel you are better than people who smoke? Why do feel you are better than people in general? Why is it so important for you to maintain that status?

• I blame snoopy doge and the hippity hop music.
    Damn kids and PC culture

http://cdn.meme.am/images/300x/2098973.jpg

• Which is a shame because some of his songs are good...

Old school Dr. Dre and NWA frowned upon marijuana use in their hit "Express Yourself,"...

I think it's gone way too far...

• Because weed is awesome !

• Why do you think it's awesome?

• There's much better drugs than that...

I once tripped on acid 700 times in a row...

But there are many better things to do then sit around and smoke pot...

• Sometimes that's what people need to get themselves going.. Most people I know who smoke are not addicted to it. But after writing like 10 pages of journal , just one smoke and they are ready to write another 10 pages

• I'm having deja vu. You've asked this question like 3 times haven't you?

• Because it's addictive? Just like all other illegal drugs.

• Well people want to get high. Weed is also pretty addictive. I hate it as I have seen many smart kids drop out of school and turn into pot heads. It should definitely stay illegal.

• Yes, I think it should stay illegal as well...

It's more psychoactive than alcohol...

Alcohol is done after the few hours it's in your body... Marijuana leads to brain damage...

• It's good for stress relief. Overdoing it can be bad though.