How much money do History teachers earn?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends what level. It goes by demand. So history has a low demand therefore they probably make very little compared to a law professor for example

What Guys Said 19

• A simaler amount to other subjects not classified as shortage subjects I imagination its also much harder to get a position teaching history than a shortage subject ie languages, maths probably IT now that dosn't mean its easy in a shortage subject you still have to teach well and if they can't find someone who can they will just leave the space vacant but there are less other applicants.

If your choosing what to study and money is a factor witch it certainly should be. Lawyers can make a lot and there's more demand unfortunately ie suing culture, complicated laws, tax avoidance and liability advice as a result of the suing culture. Lawyers can also teach law after a teaching qualification.
    Its all about Supply demand and marketing.
    History may be used for some things but there is a large supply and probably even less entry positions than in most professions.
    Try to get relevant part time work, voluntary positions, or personal projects in the summer holidays even if you don't need the money.
    And try to understand your personality and target your work and study to that ie introverts like me should look target less people facing kinds of work if we can as it drains us.

• The same as any other secondary teacher.
    Except their pay probably won't go up as much, because schools don't even care about social studies anymore.

• Not much. I suggest you stay away from teaching and look for something else. If there is absolutely nothing else that you find interesting or worth trying then go ahead.

• probably just about as much as what art teachers make

• But isn't History considered more important than art

• both sides would argue that history and art contribute so much to society, yet there are many in those professions that are underpaid.

they're both important, but not as important as other professions.

• Thank you

• Little enough to make me abandon ship of the idea of becoming one, haha.

• I found they made like 26000 yearly but that little

• Your girlfriend is in her late 50s?

• @ikissedtheskyonce I dig GILFs, what of it?😍👵🏻

Haha, just kidding... no you misread it, it's my girlfriend's MOTHER that's in her late 50s😜

• Not that much, I actually work with two teachers who teach during the day and work at night at my place of business.

• It depends on the school, and grade. But for high school the average pay for a teacher is $56,310.00 a year. The class subject doesn't make much difference.

• Like $45k lol not much

• In America, not nearly enough for the amount of work they're expected to do. Apart from teaching classes and attending annoying staff meetings, they have to spend hours trading homework, doing paperwork, and helping students in their free time.

• It's depends where your teaching at, some teachers makes more than others, like rural school teachers makes less than teachers in a larger populated like a big city.

• You do it for the love of the subject, not for the money. I used to be a history major, and my mentor was very candid about that.

• Not as much as IT guys... which is why I work in IT and not teaching.

• The pay is shit. Don't become a teacher. Why would you settle for a shitty job like that?

• My mom was a teacher and my grandfather was a teacher

• other jobs that i think of is becoming a Ela teacher , nurse or lawyer

• So if the pay of a teacher was good it's not a shitty job?

• Not much.

• Not enough.

• Depends of the year, i guess.

• Complete shit...

Not worth it...

I feel bad for them...

• Where I live the average teacher earns 80k a year, and tops out close to 100k.

You'll be shocked to hear there's a massive oversupply, a multi year wait list to become a teacher, it takes years of part time work as a teacher to land a full time job etc.

• Same as other teachers. Pay for teachers is generally decided by where they work and at what level, not which field they teach.

Any actual figures would be hard for us to cite without knowing the intended area.

But hey, here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=History+Teacher+Pay

What Girls Said 5

• If you can get a job in one of the American schools abroad, you can make some serious bank. Like, starting around $70-80k/yr and going as high as $150-200k/yr, plus FREE housing (and private transportation in some places, like Rio or São Paulo) and FREE travel back to the US at least once/yr.
    You'll pay double taxes on income over about $100,000/yr, but, still. STILL.

Most of the highest-paying jobs, in places like Tokyo and Hong Kong, usually go to people who've been floating around the international school system for a decade or two. But, if you'd be willing to work in one of the Gulf countries (Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain), you could probably land one of these jobs pretty easily out of college, if you were serious about networking during yr last couple years of school.

I had no idea this system of schools even existed until I lived in Tokyo in my 20's, but, it is definitely a thing that exists, and it definitely pays that much, with all those benefits.

• It all depends on the school district in which you teach but the range would be $38-65,000/ year. But you do have summers off for a second job.

• It's sh*t, unless you are a teacher in university. 😛

• High school history teachers earn a salary that depends on their location. It runs between 17,000 $42,000 a year

• In the UK I think its around £25-30k for new comers