Do you actually feel masculine/feminine?

I don't really get it when people say they feel masculine or feminine. Sure, I look feminine but I really don't know what it means to feel feminine.

• Yes, I do
  • Nope, I don't feel it either

Most Helpful Guy

• No. I wasn't feminine growing up, but i was pretty gentle, sensitive, not really a 'guys guy'. Just kind of neither.

I still think of myself that way.

There are a few things i do now that, while women can also do, are perceived as highly masculine, but my self image hasn't changed that much.

Occasionally i catch myself doing something pretty masculine and chuckle to myself, if it's something that's kind of irrelevant you know? Like a while back i realized i was standing shirtless, shaving with an old fashioned razor while drinking whiskey.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think feminine is a loose term for a girl as well as the word masculine. I feel feminine after doing yoga, or when I'm showering, or getting dressed, or taking pictures on snapchat! You can be feminine on your own terms 😊

What Guys Said 20

• Not really. Since I was 13 or so, I've always had some confusion about my own gender identity. Part of the reason for this was that I felt like a man has to act and be a certain way and a woman has to act and be a certain way. I on the other hand never really fit into that stereotype... I'm not a (stereo-) typical men by any means. I'm not good at fixing things, I don't like beer, I don't like sports... you name it. But I'm also not girlish to the point where I feel uncomfortable in my body. I'm just sort of both at the same time. I think if I had to say it in numbers, I would say my gender identity is about 55% girl and 45% guy.
    After some very difficult years in my teens, I eventually came to the conclusion that it all doesn't even matter. It's all just labels. For example when you say "I am feminine", what do you actually mean by "feminine"? Aren't there also a lot of old-fashioned ideas about gender roles and gender identity involved? For example why is it masculine to go to the gym or have sex as another guy here said? Don't girls go to the gym and have sex too?
    I acknowledge that I'm certainly no masculine guy if I compare myself to the gender stereotypes of my culture. But then again, they're not really important for me and the whole identity-issue isn't really important either. As long as I'm happy, it shouldn't matter whether I feel/look like a guy or a girl.

• I feel masculine most of the times. It is obvious because I love doing wing chun, kickboxing, football, rock climbing. I day dream of being a gladiator. I day dream of riding on the Arabian horse and battling against my enemies. I rarely want a female to help me, otherwise I feel ashamed and uncomfortable. Most of the time, when I argue about something, I always think I am right and they are wrong,

At times I feel confident and speak loud, and at other times I feel reserved and I'd be quiet most of the day.

• I don't really care about those labels too much. Sometimes I find it funny to act feminine/girly, but I do feel like I am in control (masculine trait) most of the time.

• According to what was taught about how a man behaves and what a man is in my culture... yeah, I feel masculine.

• Nah I don't feel masculine or feminine. I'm just me. I don't like to brand myself with useless labels.

• Yeah.

After I'm done training at martial arts/swimming or weightlifting I turn to my books about various historical periods (the Roman legions to the feud between Thomas Jefferson and Alex Hamilton)

Finally I enjoy whiskey straight playing chess or playing one of my guitars.

Classy might be a better term

• Men are meant to be masculine and women feminine. Anything else, nope.

• But is it something you can feel?

• you do realize most people are androgynous right? lol

• @idkwtftoputhere Yeah, but not in the sense that you're thinking. Acting like a "man" (as a woman) isn't going to attract men in the same way acting like a "woman" (as a man) isn't going to attract women.

• Ya I do

• There are no rules for an individual emotional make up. I feel just as comfortable talking football and scratching my nads as I do talking creme brulee and burre monde. Who cares who perceives what except you... be comfortable with who you are and embrace all your emotions... then live them.

• yeah doing things like going to the gym or playing sports makes me feel masculine or sex or you know things like that where masculinity plays a roel

• You should feel feminine, when you know that you look feminine.

Me? Some times...

• It's not a feeling though. It's just acknowledging that I look a certain way.

• How you look and act doesn't necessarily show how you feel though. For example, I could say I look happy and act happy but on the inside I actually feel really sad.

• I don't feel remotely masculine. Not feminine either. I really can't identify with a gender identity.

• feminine---------------------|-----X------------------------masculine

• definitely.

• I do, yes.

• I'm not a manly man at all. Or at least not in the traditional sense.

• I'm on my first cycle of steroids.. I feel masculine as fuackkk.

• My behaviour is masculine but on the inside i don't feel it

• Masculine to me is seeing the traits associated with male puberty present such as facial hair and broader shoulders.

• It depends on what the noun is for example une glace is feminine or un livre is masculine. You really need to learn your french

What Girls Said 6

• No and nor do I give a shit about masculinity and femininity or whatever the fuck. I'm just me. Plain and simple.

• The only time I feel feminine is when I'm at my swing dancing class and I get my arms stuck in the Cuddle hold. Dumb boobs.

• nah i just do me. i do karate, and build my body strong, i work at a dog kennel (which can get really gross), i like anime, i sometimes like wearing make up, painting my nails, and wearing a skirt, and im really into art. i also don't look traditionally feminine.

• Yeah, I do feel feminine, but I enjoy or can do typically masculine things, too, like sports.

• Yes sure.

• Right now? Yes