What is the best way to deal with a Particularly nasty internet troll?

Either the most effective way or the most satisfying way to you personally.

- Trolls use provocative and confrontational language, A very clever one will mix it up with friendly and relevant posts just to mess with your mind.

- Trolls don't care what the topic is, They will say anything to stir sh*t up.

- Trolls usually disguise themselves as newer members of a forum, And ask seemingly innocent questions at first. They will either move on elsewhere, or make a new account if they get called out too many times.

- Trolls love protraying themselves as victims. They will use clever catchphrases to garner sympathy and support, Especially if challenged.

- Some trolls make a desperate effort to be liked or gain support. Sugar coated responses or overt-flattering comments are signature troll moves.

Trolls are hard to deal with, Because they want attention and it's hard to tell what kinds of attention gets them off.

• Avoidance/ Outright ignore them
  • Deal with them in a calm manner and avoid arguments at all cost
  • Become an even bigger troll, And unleash Hell on them!

Most Helpful Girl

• If you straight up ignore them, you are no longer giving them what they want, which is some type of reaction. Once they realize you don't care anymore, they will try and find another victim's happiness to leech off of.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Ignore them. They get off on pissing people off so if you calm and not react, they will have failed.

• Ignore them all the want is attention.

• Ignore them, but you should confront an internet troll in a calm, but firm manner first just like what the Female GaG user, sarahlovesunicorn said. I learned to forgive them and to avoid using emotional abuses against them because when I confronted two internet trolls last night, I got my answers deleted. Do not put yourself in that same level as those mean people. I have to remind myself to not let them hurt me or fight back or I could get into big trouble.

What Guys Said 4

• Find a way to send him to me. I revel in nuisances.

• I'd have to go with A.

Because someone had once said: "Do Not Feed The Trolls."

• Ignoring usually works but if you feel like pissing them off do the opposite of what they are looking for. Mimicking their behavior and being obnoxious also tends to piss them off in my experience. You mad bro?

• Ignore it. They'll give up when they dont get a reaction.