If you worry too much about coming off as desperate then you are desperate?

Agree or Disagree?

Being that, why a person would even put so much emphasis on not coming off as desperate, would it seem that them caring so much, would in fact, make them somewhat desperate, in a sense.

• Agree
  • Other
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• The biggest problem is that we are so obsessed with playing stupid games we ruin our chances with people. Why does it matter how you come across to people if you're being who you are. If you over think every little thing it's never going to change so why waste your time pretending to be someone you aren't. If you are the type of person that cares too much and wants to talk all the time why not be that person ya you'll piss people off but you might find someone that like that too. Why would you want to waste anytime being with people that don't like you and only the you you let them see.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that if they are turned of by really needy and desperate people then back off and give them space. I think by being too desperate and if they feel you are then that will affect and reduce their attraction for you. It can scare them away, because they might think you are obsessed with them.

I think there is no point of worrying so much and then they totally reject and hurt you later by not wanting you around them anymore because they find you to be too desperate and/or too needy for them.

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes. Or sometimes they could just be self conscious and over anxious types.

What Guys Said 6

• Voted 'Other'. I don't really know how to put it, but i feel that you're right and wrong at the same time.

• No, I disagree. I mean worrying about coming of as desperate is not called being desperate.

• Not necessarily. I mean in a lot of situations, how you word things is crucial. A lot of times you can mean well but come off the wrong way and give a bad impression.

I guess it depends on how much you worry about it though.

• Also means you ain't being yourself, chill the fuck out

• very much agree

• I think the key thing to do is reframe.

Instead of 'i must impress this girl'

shift to

'i'm finding a girl tonight. is this the one? If not, there are a few billion more to talk to'

You don't have to act like you don't want a girl. You just need to remember you don't need THIS girl unless she likes you too, in which case awesome.