How bad is what I said in front of my boss?

My coworker and I were talking about how we could never be managers and I said that I hate feeling like I'm controlling or micromanaging people, and that I would cry myself to sleep if I felt like I had to control others. Well my boss was apparently staNding behind a corner unseen, and I wasn't aware. I'm sure he heard, though he didn't say anything.

how bad is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends on your boss. Yes that was bad, but if your boss is not an uptight person, he/she will let that go and if not, he/she will keep an eye on you, plausibly make your work days miserable or worst. I'm a supervisor myself and if a co-worker said something like that regardless of how being honest you are, I would make sure to talk to you either in front of everyone or in private to consolidate power/authority, but I wouldn't fire you.

What Guys Said 3

• Not everyone is a managerial sort. Everyone is different and some people were born to be foot soldiers. There's nothing wrong with that and if he's a good manager he'll understand that.

That being said... I wouldn't be too interested in promoting you to a leadership position if I overheard you say that.

• I'd just shrug hearing one of the secretaries saying that.

• What's wrong with that? It's you opinion, look at it another way, your strangely complimenting him?

What Girls Said 0