Is it okie to have two dogs of two different breed?

I already got a golden retriever, but I need to get a German Shepherd to like guard the house , will the to dogs be okie together or digs have racism too 😂😂

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's fine to have dogs of different breeds; however, if you know this little about dogs, you really shouldn't get one with aggressive tendencies. Shepherds make great pets with the right owner, but the wrong owner can really screw them up.

If you must get a guard dog, just do plenty of research first.

• I know about dogs I already got a golden retriever and the German Shepherd I am getting is already trained

• I'm sure you know some, but I guarantee you don't know enough. Reading a bit can't hurt.

I consider myself somewhat of an expert, but I still read up on things when I can. Goldens are great first dogs because there's not much you can do to screw them up, but other breeds need more from their owners. Even though the shepherd is already trained, it won't do any good if you're not consistent.

• Hmm okie thanks 😊

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• No, as long as you make sure they get along with other dogs you should be fine! If you're adopting the German Shepard that information should be on their paperwork.

• If they get along yeah!

• It's totally fine to own two different breeds. Just make sure the two dogs meet beforehand to see if they get along.

• Yes it's fine. I would say get the opposite sex of whatever you have now to prevent fighting.

• Really? Does gender makes difference in this?

• Hmmm now I see thanks 😊

• Of course its fine :) I own a dachshund and then there's my American Boxer X American Staffy. The dachshund is 6kg and the big one is 40kg. But they love each other! :) good luck

• do research on the breeds and see how compatible they are.

What Guys Said 0