Hard case suit case or travel bag?

For a 6 days trip should i bring a medium sized suitcase or small suitcase and travel bag?

Hard case suit case or travel bag?

Or

• Small suitcase and travel bag
  • Travel bag only
  • Medium sized suitcase
  • Results/ other

Most Helpful Guy

• When I went away for that long I just brought a back bag. But I'd say travel bag, they are lighter. But if you will be carrying it a lot and you have a suitcase with wheels I'd go with that

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd take a small suitcase plus a travel bag, since that gives you more versatility in case you want to use one as a carry on or a beach bag or something like that. Also, carrying a couple of small bags can be less tiring than carrying one large bag.

• If i bring small suitcase and travel bag that means I'm going to be carrying my travel bag and my tote around the airport

• That's usually how I travel. I don't want to have ten different bags, but I like to have multiple bags so I have options. But do what you think will work best for you!

What Guys Said 4

• i'd try to travel light. which means as few of bags as possible. so if you can take one big bag and avoid multiple bags i'd do that

• Depends on the duration of the travel.

• Medium 🙂

• For a 6 day trip I'd just take a travel bag but I know women usually pack way more stuff

What Girls Said 3

• If you are flying international, then:
    * You should get 2 free checked bags. Take advantage of this -- pack yr essentials and/or expensive things into a carry-on + purse/laptop bag, and then pack the rest into a checked suitcase.
    * International airlines often have insanely low weight limits on carry-on baggage. Call the airline or check their website for the current limit. Also, check online forums (like Flyertalk) to see how anal the security people at yr airport are, for that airline, with checking the weight restrictions.
    For instance, if you are flying Singapore Airlines out of LAX, they totally might weigh yr carry-on bag at the gate, and make you check it if it's over weight -- and the weight limit is a measly 6 or 7 kgs (12-14 lbs or so).

If you are flying domestic within the USA, then you should really try to fit everything into a carry-on and a purse/laptop bag, because US domestic airlines charge crazy baggage fees for checked suitcases.
    The exception is Southwest, which (I believe) still gives you 1-2 free checked bags. In this case, the advice is the same as for international.

If you are flying int'l into a country where theft is a major endemic problem (use common sense here), then, do not pack any items of clothing worth more than $25 or so into yr checked luggage.

• I try to travel with just carry on as much as possible because I'm always worried about the airline losing my luggage.

• I always opt for a suitcase if I'm gone for 3 or more days, you never know what extras you might need and I carry another bag with other things too. I suppose I just get worried that I will forget anything.