Is it cruel for the kitten?

Im getting a new kitten but my mom won't let me cuz she is scared the cat will scratch her furniture so i told her the cat will stay in my room the whole time but ofcourse ill let the cat outside daily. I have a big room with carpet so the cat has enough space. So would it be cruel or bad for the kitten or is it ok to let the kitten live in my room

Most Helpful Guy

• cats typically need a lot of space. it´s fine if you let it out but it will decide on it´s own, when it wants out. it will meow all night in front of doors and piss you off and it will piss and shit in your room if you don´t let it out if it chooses to. cats are assholes. expect that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Get him declawed...

What Guys Said 2

• the kitten will grow into a cat... I think a cat needs more space

• It's actually better for the kitten they get scared in big rooms and they tend to get hurt if left alone in a room as long he has food a litter box and places to hide and he will be fine

What Girls Said 2

• It's okay for the kitty to live in your room. As long as u take care of it.

• You could encourage the kitten to spend a lot of time in your room by keeping its food, litter, and toys in there. But I wouldn't shut it in. Kittens have a lot of energy and they like to run around.