Why do people not celebrate black history month on here?

Instead all I see is a bunch of Valentine shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably because this site is greatly about anything and everything love, relationships and sex. Valentine's Day kind of ties into those categories.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• I am not sure it was happening.

• Um, it is actually celebrated in the countries where it's relevant, no?

• idonno i think people tend to levitate toward less serious shit esp on the internet. watch a random youtube video over a documentary sorta thing.

• because this place is mostly white

• Ummm what? It's not because of that. It's because it's dumb... What's the point of celebrating this in the first place? What's the purpose? Theirs none... It's just like any other month. My African American friends don't need a month for them. respect towards a race is whole year around and not just one month.

• @HeyItsAnto if i wrote it, it's pretty obvious that I think it. anyways, i think that the reason no one mentions it is because black history month doesn't affect them because the Americans that go on here are mostly white. maybe you are putting more thought into why you aren't mentioning it but i doubt everyone is as thoughtful.

• @HeyItsAnto It's mostly white history year round. That's why. Fuck your African American friends.

• Black History Month and the Lunar New Year... I didn't see either of these things. At least I can celebrate elsewhere.

• Because no one cares...

• They care more about standing in the shitty piss they call Valentine's Day? Alright.

• Apparently so, yes...

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know about everyone else but I'm pretty awre of the efforts and accomplishments made by those in the Black and Asian community.

• I am first generation American born. I don't relate easily to it. October 1st is a bigger deal for me

• I'm American born too. You don't have to celebrate Africa lol. I don't even know people who do that.

• Because Black history month is degrading to Black people.
    It limits their history to slavery and the civil rights movement.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNfH41-LI4w

• ... because if we celebrated every oppressed culture throughout history this site would become racist and bigoted. Who cares about Valentine's day shit.

• LOL I like the part where you said this site WOULD BECOME racist and bigoted.

That's good. That's funny.

• Why do black people get a black history month when the jews don't get anything?

• Jew is kind of a race kind of not a race. To answer your question though I don't know.

• When it's about respect towards a certain race, it has to be applied all year around... Not just one month... Don't be ridiculous. I don't need a month dedicated for Hispanics... I expect that all year around. So trying to have a month for your race is stupid and shows how certain people are mentally weak.

• But Hispanics already have a month and so do Asians. I'm guessing they're all weak too? The only race without a month is white so according to this they're the only ones not weak?

• White is year round. Not just one month. YOU don't be ridiculous. Hispanic isn't a race. There are many white Hispanics. I don't it's mentally weak, but I do think you're rather foolish. I won't say stupid, because that's an insult to the mentally challenged.

• *I don't think it's mentally weak,

• since 99.8% of the people on here are white, i doubt it.

• I just listened to little Jon for black history month, calm down.

• What's that? o_O