Never expect anything from anyone?

What do you think of that?

Most Helpful Girl

• 100% true. the more u expect, the more u get proven wrong or get disappointed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Expecting anything from anyone other than yourself often leads to disappointment regardless of how hard they may try, things will more often than not, fail to meet your expectations.

I care too much, which is also what will eventually be my bane.

What Girls Said 3

• You can only be pleasantly surprised.

• Depends on the person

• I agree with it.

What Guys Said 4

• There's a passage in one of my yoga books that says that you should not expect anything at all:

"If you cling to expectation you can feel frustration. If you simply come to realize that there is no possibility of expecting anything, then where is the frustration? Then this is the nature of existence, that there is no possibility of expecting anything, there is no possibility of hope. When this becomes a certainty, how can you feel hopeless? Then both hope and hopelessness have disappeared."

• The tricky part now is finding a way to not expect because not expecting is still a kind of expectation. For example, you may expect the weather to be good on a certain day, or you can expect the opposite that the weather will not be good; that it will be bad that day. Both are expectations. Another example is that you may expect a store to carry a certain item but find out that they are out of stock, or you can expect the opposite: that the item won’t be available. Any form of expectation is focused on the future; on what will or will not happen. Therefore, to drop expectation the mind has to be reeled back from the future to the present moment. ...(con't)

• When the mind is rooted in the present, then how can one expect? You can’t because there is nothing to expect; things are as they are. Then you can only evaluate things based on how they are, not how they should be or how they were. And when you evaluate things based on how they are there is no comparison; you have only to accept the situation as it is. Don’t expect, accept.

• A wise mindset.

• Yeah DTA don't trust anyone- Stone Cold Steve Austin.

• yup I don't expect anything anymore there all liars

• Not trust... Expect, hope for. You must trust people or live alone.

• @thetundrawolf
      I don't like this place
      I wanna go too heaven already

• I feel you. I have found a place in nature that is so beautiful I can be happy there alone, by myself. Well, with my dogs. And my AK47. I still have to live and work in town, but I can go there and be by myself.