Do You Think Suicide is Stupid?

I was on Facebook, and I swear so many people thought suicide was stupid, and only weak people commit suicide, and say it is a coward way out. I wanna know your opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• You only live once so you might as well try to live the bestlife possible. Does life sucks yeah, it does sometimes but you hav to keep fighting. Why lose your one chance and being alive.

Most Helpful Girl

• NO i don't think that at all! People who commit suicide or have suicidal thoughts are struggling emotionally They don't really want to end their life, they want to end their emotional pain and suffering. You can't judge their choice, when you don't know their reasons, It isn't a cowardly way out either, because it takes "courage" to take your life, because most people are afraid of dying. You can't judge a persons actions when you don't know the depths of their "scars"

Everyone faces and has faced different adversities in their life , they are fighting battles no on knows about. Maybe if those judging them were in their "shoes "they would be more likely to have empathy and compassion for the suicidal person

It is the sadness, depression and inward turmoil that kills them. Their pain is so deep rooted, I do have a sincere empathy for suicidal people as well as their family. The person leaves a trail of heartbreak and devastation behind them. Their family's hearts can never be repaired... but how can you judge someone for that choice they make when their mind is isolated and disconnected

What Guys Said 33

• Yep. Honestly, I've heard that word passed around so many times these days, it's come to the point where if a person says they want to commit suicide, I just say go for it, do whatever makes you happy.

I know that's not the right thing to say but hey, it's your life, if you want it so bad, go for it. You're life has always been your own to control, whether you're in the right mindset or not.

• I don't think the issue is as simple as it being brave and smart, or cowardly and weak. Societies, often try to manipulate others through shaming. They don't want people to kill themselves, so they teach the idea that it is a cowards way out. There are other societies that have the opposite stance about suicide. In those societies they might be taught that suicide could be a brave and honorable way to end ones life. In this way, if a samurai where told to kill himself, he would be more easily controlled, instead of trying to fight for his life.

• Naw I don't think it's stupid at all and sometimes it is the answer IMHO. For example, if you got a 30-year mandatory prison sentence (you're already 50 in this situation), a painful terminal disease or abducted by some terrorist org, You may as well do yourself a favor and kill yourself before they/it can...

• Yeah, ESPECIALLY, if it's a result of bullying. If anything, wouldn't the victim hurt someone else instead of themselves.

• Well I feel ya, but at the same time, under the white man's "law" (anybody reading this can take OFFENSE.. no fucks will be given haha) what can the person being "bullied" really do to stop it? I mean he can't KILL THEM, beat their ass to the point where they have a concussion without going to prison, right? And we already know that the person being "bullied" can't snitch without getting his ass beat even more, right? So now what? You come to school daily just to be roughed up? While people tell you to suck it or do nothing to stop it? Like what kind of life is that? You may as well be dead.

• "It seems just one of those things we just nod or heads at and accept the PC answer" Agreed and IMHO "either way the #bullied person is trapped". Since it's either a LIFE IN PRISON (after you OFF them) or HELL ON EARTH via you being roughed up every day at school daily.

• Fuck this PC ass society LOL

• Think about this:
    If you bite the bullet, you have a chance that things go better.
    If you kill yourself, you void ALL possibilities of things going better thus you throw away that possibility.

The problem which drives you mad will seem futile in 10 years but suicide is forever: it's a long term 'solution' to a short term problem.
    In finance that's called a mismatch. Like paying a house using your credit cards or taking a mortgaged loan to buy a new computer.
    READ MORE HERE:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22392-100-reasons-to-why-you-shouldn-t-commit-suicide

• Suicide for patients is appropriate when being an extreme burns or twisted diseases.
    Suicide isn't the coward way out as a samurai. For it takes a tremendous amount of force to do seppuku.

Where one takes a beautiful handcrafted night but you then say to yourself, "oh god that's sharp" "forget this I'm pussying out" and the whole village gets raped for years then killed along with yourself *men included*.

Nope, not all suicide methods are for cowards, some are brave and noble while others are sad and depressing. Some people can cheer on your grave for dying for many or sob for things like no sex, partner, or jobs.

Suicide is not a coward way out but a breaking point for people who can't stand rejection. Suicide for this cause is the selfish way out. Your storms are almost over everytime you reach that breaking point. And when you do suicide you miss out on many things that you would've enjoyed.

All though people hate their existence, people should say something as smart as "suicide is for the weak". This will discourage suicidal people but make them more angry than sad. It really doesn't mean anything. Kill yourself and you'll take the hearts that loved you straight to hell.

• To say it's stupid is a bit harsh towards the victim who's suffered very badly and can't cope with life/what they're going through... we should be understanding, not judging, suicide should never be an option though and we should prevent those from thinking about it/attempting it. :)

• It's terrifying and feels like it is the only way out. People who consider it aren't wea or cowards, they're just scared and need a hug.

• When you're depressed and don't think you'll ever get out of your situation... Thinking that things will never change and will ever get better, you start thinking that life will go on without you on a hitch, and you're better off dead than suffering, then you will understand their pain. To a close friend or family member they will think its selfish, but its their choice and they're so deep in despair, they see no other way around it. If you saw the signs and did nothing to prevent it, well.. lol

• life will go on without you without a hitch

• Anyone who thinks its stupid, has likely never been depressed for longer than two weeks. lmao.

• Sometimes your life sucks and it gets harder and harder without letting up, and it feels like the only way out is suicide. Some assholes try to egg the suicidal person on. They kill themselves when all they need is a friend. So no, I don't think it's stupid

• It is totally justifiable under the right circumstances. Ask Brittany Maynard.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lHXH0Zb2QI

• Not a cowards way out. People simply say that due to the fact it can sway someones choice of committing.

• I don't think it's cowardly but I believe it's stupid.

• In most cases, I feel that suicide is illogical. A permanent solution to a temporarily problem.
    If you've just gone through a breakup, the pain will heal with time. Likewise if you lost someone close to you. It shouldn't be something that a person should kill themselves over. Furthermore, it's also an act of selfishness. You're going to further bring unnecessary pain upon people you're close to.

• It depends on the situation. For psychological problems, no, I wouldn't. But if I were facing a painful, terminal illness, at my age I would consider it. I'd probably move to a state where doctor assisted suicide were legal to do it.

• in one aspect it is a cowards way out and I do think it is for weak minded people who are unable to adapt to situations ( note only applies to first world problems like bullying). on the other hand, it takes a lot of courage to kill yourself. I struggle hurting myself in little ways like popping a blister.

• I think most people who feel suicidal have good reason to, but that's why they need to get help. The act of suicide itself *is* stupid and it doesn't solve anything, but of course I don't think the people themselves are stupid. They just need help getting through it all so they can go on to live great, fulfilling lives full of love and peace.

• If you have a reason to suicide, then it's not stupid, it just you r chioce. In fact we all suicide everyday, when you drink a lot of alcohol and smoking a lot, also other reasons, we just kill ourself inadvertently.

• I swear this is what so many people say. I think when people say this they are complete morons. It's so typical when someone ways that. I find them less educated to be honest. Low information.

• They've probably never been depressed. How else could they lack such empathy?

• I have had 4 people I went to elementary school with kill themselves with shotguns or rifles. 5 years ago I had a coworker kill himself with a handgun. People have low moments and do drastic shit.

• Well I'm one of those people. A strong person works out their problems, suicide just hurts those around you. Most cowardly solution

• I agree with one of the other posters, that people who feel like the only way out of their problems. Just need to be hugged and feel loved. To be shown that things can get better

• It's not stupid, it's not a good thing to do, don't get me wrong, but I've been in a position where I almost killed myself, and I know someone who's tried to commit suicide, so it's not Stupid, it's bad, but it's not stupid

• No... they are misunderstood and found no support in time :/

• Not stupid.. life fucking sucks sometimes and some people realize that their existence isn't worth living anymore. Harsh cold reality.

• It's a bit lazy.

• Its usually someone suffering from severe mental illness.

• I think it depends on circumstances. A lot of people I respect have committed suicide. Did you know a lot of suicides are recorded as accidental death? Also ending your own life takes a lot of courage.

• when you've had enough, you've had enough.

• It is the coward's way out.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 20

• No its something you don't understand until you been kick in the stomach so many times it hard to even look at the light. It like you can't breath and they keep beating you. Sucide happen to those who have lost everything they thought matter until all they feel is regret empty death.

• No. It's not stupid. And to the person it isn't selfish either.
    Suicide is one of those things that is easily judged but not well understood. As a suicidal person. I completely get it.

• Um.

No, they are not stupid. No human should be called stupid when they feel so bad that they would be willing to take their own life. Most people who say such things do not understand. They can't understand what it would be like to feel like that every single day. I just kind of feel sorry for them because of their ignorance.

:\

• no, I've lost so much to suicide. it's not a stupid thing. it's serious and takes so much courage that I don't have.

• I was suicidal for a while... I tried to kill myself and got sent to the emergency room and then to the mental hospital and got put on meds and went to therapy and I'm so much happier, I think everyone should just do that instead.

• I would, but Anti-Depressant Medication, can sometimes make things worse, rather then Better, but I guess if you are suicidal for long periods of time then maybe you should get medication

• @HentaiMaster23 that's true... Very true... Do you go to therapy?

• Well, I've never been suicidal for long periods of time, but I definitely have depression, I have to convince myself to get out of bed, and I also hate thereapists for some reason

• Suicide is by definition negative. There are times, however, when taking one's life can be done for higher ends. Think about a solider taking his or her life for the nation, or someone taking his or her life to save his or her child.

• I wouldn't say suicide is "stupid", that term sort of diminishes the seriousness of it. People who commit suicide are not "weak" they have mental issues that should be taken seriously. It's easy for people to say things like this when they are not the ones faced with the problem but instead of judging I think people need to recognize and be more understanding of the issue. Yes there are lots of resources available to mental health care but when someone feels like that's the only option out.. it's hard for them to feel motivated to reach out to those resources. That doesn't make them a coward.. it just means they have other issues going on that we don't see/understand.

• I don't think it's stupid at all.
    It takes courage to end with your life. A person who commits suicide is in a very dark place, you have no idea on how they're suffering. They are the only ones who are feeling the pain.
    They don't kill themselves because they're cowards, they kill themselves because they just want to have peace.

• people who think they don't want to live anymore feel a lot of pain and sometimes that pain never goes away. some people are really depressed their whole life. do you call that a life? suicide isn't stupid. you only understand when it happens to you. that feeling that it's never going to be better again, that life is all about hate , sadness and loneliness. there are so many people out there who are feeling this way and we wouldn't even know. you could be standing right next to someone and you wouldn't even know it.

• Yes it is, my dad usually tells me that sucide is for weak people and you should show people that you're strong and you can live this hard life like older people we all have ups and downs in life nobody has no problems we all have problems thinking of sucide is not only stupid it's selfish and weakness

• Suicide is stupid, but not only weak people commit it. My friend almost committed her life cause she hates her life. I almost lost my life by committing suicide. But it depends who the persons is. The reason it's stupid is cause they are waisting a precious life without knowing

• yes.

• And why is that?

• @ShayanMortazavi1 Because most of the times people who commit suicide go through way less shit than other people who are struggling and facing hardship.
      Plus it's a loser situation in all cases:
      If your religious: You go to hell
      If you're not: Well, it's the only life you had and you screwed it up
      It's for cowards (Unless the person has some crazy mental issue or something in that case you can't really judge them.

• their choice if they cannot find a way to feel better

• I think it s stupid yes

• I dont think so but thats only because I get depressed and was depressed for about 5 years... I do think it's wrong but it makes perfect sense to me and always will sadly...

• No I don't blame who commit Suicide,, cause they didn't follow the universe Rules this is the result of the limitless lifestyle..

• Yes it's stupid

• Been there tried it, it's not the way life improved

• i'm curious about those that have tried and failed..

is the state of your body via the absolute ways to die one of the reasons you'd choose not to?

for instance... i can understand if one doesn't want their parents/loved ones to find them splattered over the pavement, or with a shotgun wound to the head, or hung w/ their body contorted in an odd position.

are those concerns any factor to why many opt for pills (and fail) ?

• I fear pain without death at the time but the reason I never tried again is the look of agony on my families faces when they found me. You realize people care.

• i don't think it's stupid, it's sad

• No, is no joke, is not stupid or a matter of courage. I attempted suicide years back. But for some weird reason I couldn't do it. People have to be a the edge emotionally, mentally, and in self esteem. This things only us as individuals can control and decide.