What is the scientific cause of homosexuality?

What do you believe causes homosexuality?

It obviously has a cause. Everything does.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a variety of factors and they're not completely sure what specifically causes it, but it seems to be influenced by genetics and hormones.
    The only concrete scientific link I've heard of so far is that the more sons a woman has, the higher the likelihood her younger sons will be gay. They hypothesize this is due to estrogen exposure or the woman's body getting better at rejecting the unfamiliar (male) aspects of the fetus.

Most Helpful Guy

• One leading cause is teenagers being molested by a "gay" adult, or pedaphile. This tells us suggestion can play a big role.

• Changed a few lives in your time?

• ; - ). ; - )

What Girls Said 2

• some people are born hermaphrodite, while others become so due to psychological reasons

• An hermaphrodite is a person with both sets of genetalia. I'm not confident you know the correct terminology for what you're trying to say

• I wasn't clear enough. I meant some people are born homosexual (hermafrodites). Other people become homosexual due to psychological problems.

• Homosexuals are not the same thing as hermaphrodites. Hermaphrodites are people born with both a penis and a vagina and an homosexual is someone who is sexually attracted to the same gender as them.

• Genetic disorder, or some sort of hormonal disbalance.

What Guys Said 6

• The correct sciences to find the answer to it is sociology and physiology.

• Could climate change/pollution play a part?

Seems like patches of history where there was primitive aquaduct technology and a lot of contaminated water seemed to produce high numbers if gays. (Greek, Roman times)

• No it is a hormone imbalance when they are going through puberty if anything. Children have no sexual urges until they go through puberty.

• Strange idea

• Genetic disposition, neurological and chemical distinctions from standard sexuality that diverges to create homosexuality.

• It's not completely known. The best theory seems to be that the fetus is exposed to too much, or too little testosterone in the womb.

• Mental illness

• Don't you watch south park little Asian girls diside lol jk

• I haven't seen it for a while but always found it to be a really entertaining social commentary. Can you please explain the reference?

• People who convince themselves they are gay... that is the cause. I've done it before, if I spend enough time with Asian women then I convince myself that I like them, if I spend time with a not so attractive girl I become convinced that I like her, if I play enough of a particular video game I become convinced that this video game is amazing. Same goes for being gay, and the scientific reasoning behind this is that humans become attached to things they are around a lot. I despised my job in high school with a passion, but looking back I still feel an attachment to that place of work... same goes for being gay. Its possible to convince yourself to like just about anything, convincing yourself to become gay really isn't that much different.

• This is so damn wrong.

• @Alexagon yeah, I'd have to disagree with this view since there are people who show signs of involuntary gayness

• Gay isn't a choice Einstein