How come every time a black woman is a main character in a show, a white man is her love interest?

Examples: Being Mary Jane, Scandal (I fucking hate this fucking show). That's just two examples. I feel like they are just poisoning young black girls' minds with this, anti-black men agenda.

Most Helpful Girl

• Or they're trying to promote interracial couples, something you don't see too often in the media.

Most Helpful Guy

• You listed two examples.

It might be that way for main characters, but most black women in television/commercials/movies are with black guys. Black guy characters on a cast, no matter how ancillary, seem to usually be with non black women outside of Tyler Perry shows/movies. They are in things far more often than black women are in things.

If there's any interracial coupling they seem to be pushing, it's definitely black male/ white female.
    They are hardly poisoning black girls' minds, but perhaps they need it more.

What Girls Said 2

• I've noticed this too, and I have no idea. I don't think its "poisoning" their minds though. Its just weird, I dont know the meaning behind it.

• never noticed this before, i didn't get past the first few episodes for both lol

What Guys Said 2

• It's to show all girls that white man is the right man. I think I've seen more white guy and black girl couples in tv shows and movies, even though white girl and black guy is way more common.

• White people run hollywood... they've been running in since the beginning of it. They wanna make their own people look the best. It's not exclusively an anti-black thing. Every girl ends up with the white hero in hollywood, whether Asian black hispanic etc. You ever seen an Asian dude kiss a white girl in a movie? Rarely, if ever. They're racist and promote a white agenda

• And Western girls are easily brainwashed by the white agenda. However, an Asian guy did kiss a white girl in Walking Dead. Also in Harold and Kumar movies, Harold the Asian guy kissed a Latina.

• @Josht11
      By taking away their women, you're taking away their power. Fool.

• @MyUsernameRules
      Yeah I know that happened in walking dead and it's a sign that Asians are making progress. It took black people a very long time to break through. I predict Asians will eventually make it through as well.