Where do you want to move to?

I want to move to SoCal! I absolutely love it out there- it's so surreal and peaceful (out by the beaches) and there is so much to do! How about you guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I lived in Southern California - Hermosa Beach, in fact, from July 1992-March 1994. I loved it, but I was not really a beach person. Also, when I lived out there, I was broken hearted over a girl I knew in upstate NY who dumped me 6 months before I moved out to LA. I always longed to be with her. However, I also missed the seasons and rain. After I lost my job, I returned to upstate NY where I had lived for 11 years (1981-1992) and remained there from 1994-2011.

If I had not been hung-up on my ex-GF and trying to get a PhD back at my old college in upstate NY, I would have remained in LA and might not have lost my job. Of course, even unemployment in LA couldn't even cover my rent, so I had to move no matter what. The cost of living in Los Angeles was just way too high.

Most Helpful Girl

• SoCAL where its at!

What Guys Said 24

• I would love to try living in South Korea for bit I've traveled a lot in Europe and north america but I've never really been anywhere that was totally different. Plus they have a lot of things that interest me, fastest internet in the world, eSports capital of the world and pretty girls ;). I'll try and maybe teach English for a year and see if I like it, then I can stay or leave. Also it's close to Japan and I'd like to go there too. Those are the 2 countries that interest me the most at the moment.

• ny favorite place is key west. actually, any of the keys would be fine. the most realistic place i'd like to move to is savannah/hilton head. they're so chill.

after that, charleston, sc, anywhere on the gulf (mainly texas and florida), anywhere in florida, san diego would be cool and anywhere abroad would be dope.

• Nowhere to be honest I am fine were I am there are lots of places I'd like to visit but very few I'd actually like to move to.

• It really does feel like a dream when you're on the West Coast... I lived out there for a few months and it doesn't even seem real when I look back!

• I suppose I am happy where I am - I have got used to it now

• I want to either move back to Southern California or stay here in Arizona after college!

• Somewhere in the Maritimes (Canada). Love the ocean, and the climate is way milder than where I'm at now.

• Presently I have no desire to move to anywhere. That said if things change and I HAVE to leave my home, I'll pick Iceland. Remote, not too many people, very high standard of living, good opportunities to find a job, l love snow and gorgeous women...

• I just really want to move to a place that has no winter. I hate when it's cold and there's not much to do outside lol

• You are in Florida and want to move to SoCal? 😛 nowhere I love Wisconsin

• Mars👽

• Cayman Islands

• Japan. I want to work with Nintendo.

• Paducah, Kentucky
    Nashville, tn

Florida
    London
    Hawaii

Those are some of the places I'd try

• I'll stay where I am. I'd never go to California. The land of fruits and nuts.

• You can't afford it dewd.

• I really want to move to the Netherlands :)

• SoCal is nice, I guess I take it for granted for living over here

• I thought I wanted to move to the US. I ended up hating it and I want to leave now and never come back. Culture shock is realer than I thought. Next up.. France

• I like Paris i am staying here

• I like Paris too, but why why WHYYYY are French showerheads mounted so low on the walls? LOL

Like, do tall French people just... not wash their hair?

That's actually the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Paris, is... low showerheads.
      (That and seeing fellow Americans EVERYWHERE.)

• @redeyemindtricks you know you can make it go higher right? our medium height for men is 1m80 (around 5"9) so your call

• Yah I'm 188cm lol

When I stayed in Paris, I had to actually stand outside the little shower stall and bend into it to wash my hair. So, like, water mostly just running down my hair, but, also dripping down my body all over the rest of the bathroom/sink area floor. LOL Yep.

• Norway or Sweden

• I'd like to live in Australia between October-March (it's summer there by then)... and where I live now it's fine during April-September... but I'd rather live somewhere like in Florida or Hawaii better... or some Latin American country... it must be stunning during summer...

I fucking hate winter and I'd kill if it was possible to exterminate winter forever... it's a useless season and I dunno why it exists...

• YESSSSSSS AMEN.

I would so live in the Outback from Oct-April, and Vegas from April-Oct.

I mean, I want to take a trip to Dubai in the summertime so I can hang out OUTdoors. LOL

Like, 105-110ºF (40-43ºC) and dry, or 95-100ºF (35-38ºC) and humid. That's perfect weather, in my world.

• @redeyemindtricks couldn't agree more... I wonder wid those weirdos who like winter... hahahaha...

• Socal seems fake to me. I wouldn't want to move anywhere, I like where I am, unless it was where you are, lol

• SoCal beaches are surreal? Those places you have to have shoes on because there's broken glass everywhere they have a strong smell of weed, vomit from drunk people and the smell of a lot of homeless people that haven't showered in weeks and it's always really noisy. My grandparents used to have a house on the shore in central california. That's probably where I'd want to move. No neighbors for a good mile north or south so they basically had the coastline all to themselves.

• Maybe in Venice! I never had the experience your talking about in Huntington, Newport, or Laguna

• Laguna doesn't quite have as much of the problems but it's just as noisy. UC Irvine is just right up the road so there's always really loud obnoxious people there doing keg parties.

What Girls Said 18

• Well, I was born and raised out here. Moved abroad when I was 21, lived in 4 different countries, and... well, yeah, now I live within 20 miles of my daddy's house. LOL

This place, it gets ahold of you. You can't leave.

I mean, there's a reason why all the eastbound flights from CA to the east coast are full of people with glum expressions on their faces. LOL

• I really don't want to leave anywhere. But I want to live in Japan some day, even if it's just for a few years.

• I don't know... For the moment I like Paris but in the future maybe Montreal.
    Otherwise New York City, Chicago , Sydney, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or London.

• I lived in Montréal for a year, when I was 23 or so. I liked a lot of things about it, but OMG COULD NOT DEAL with the winter weather. If not for that, I might have stayed a lot longer.

I mean, it was bad enough already, but they have those stupid exterior staircases everywhere (WHAT'S UP WITH THAT MTL).
      As soon as I made definitive plans to leave, I slipped and fell on outdoor staircases 3 times in the following week.
      It was like the city was punching me in the face. LOL

I don't ever want to see snow again in my entire life. Nope.

• I don't want to move anywhere at the moment.

• I want to try living in the UK for a bit, especially Ireland. But I'd also like to try living in Portland, Vancouver, or Seattle

• Ah, I hate SoCal. It's the opposite of peaceful, waaaaay too much crime for my taste. I want to live on a ranch in Idaho, surrounded by mountains with tons of space to ride horses.

• To U. S... 😕

• I/We have no intentions or interest in moving any time soon.. If Ever.

• The dream is Austin, TX.

The reality is probably just a dumpy apartment in my city.

• Londonnnn!!!

• Pshhhhh ummm... Montana, Cali, Colorado, Oregon, Florida, Van Couver, Vermont, Wales or Spain.

• I am fine with New York

• I am happy in Florida.

• Italy would be nice

• unpopular opinion: east coast somali beach house

• Washington, Oregon, North Carolina, Northern California!! Ha they're all so beautiful!

• Japan or South Korea in a heart beat!!!

• I'm soooo tired of being where I am, you have no idea! I hate this shithole!
    I would like to move to Canada or the U. S.