How much food should I make and what do I do?

Morning!

Next Saturday I turn eighteen, so I invited my whole family over. I've run into a few problems.

1. I'm a vegetarian. I don't cook or consume meat, but I know that my entire family are so narrow minded, that they won't give it a chance.
I have already planned to make a butternut squash soup (sweet potato, carrots, butternut squash, coconut milk, spices etc.) with homemade humus, chickpeas, roasted almonds and roasted rye bread, which I have made before where most actually liked a lot, however they expected some sort of meat, so I bought some cold chicken strips.
I'm the one paying for this and I don't have that much - I'm trying to hold a budget and chicken/meats puts a bit pressure on me, since I already expect to save some of the soup for later in this month.

2. How much should I make? There's about six-seven children out off nineteen people.

What Guys Said 2

• You have to make a lot because that is a lot of people to feed. I think chicken is the cheapest meat you can cook besides hot dogs and hamburgers. You can also make a big pot of some sort of pasta like macroni or spaghetti with meatballs. It must suck to be cooking meat since your a vegetarian. Those other dishes your making sound good to.

• Wooah hang on. Why are YOU cooking for everyone else on your birthday. Where Im from its the person whos birthday it is that gets made a fuss of and treated

• It's a tradition. When someone in my family turn eighteen, we cook a meal for the family haha.

What Girls Said 0