What do you do when you feel very lonely?

- Family outside of the country you're living in
- No Bf/ Partner...
- You and your friends are all busy working and can see them only once every 2 weeks or so
- The only company you have is the 4 walls of your room, and the pile of books you need to study.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm that's the downside of living abroad although I still wanna try it.
    I am sry you feel this way:/ like I live with my parents and feel lonely sometimes...
    anw exercise sarra, you have no idea how better you ll feel afterwards and it helps you socialize too. Main reason why I am a sport's addict.

What Guys Said 34

• I used to just invite myself out to dinner. I had to give it up though because, inevitably, after a couple glasses of wine, I'd end up going home and taking advantage of myself.

• In that situation I made friends online, typically people far away or in other countries, making it clear that I was not looking for romance.

While this does not answer your question, there are opportunities in being alone and unattached. You can take breaks from studying to explore your environment and do activities you might not get to do when you become attached.

• Well sounds like a hard situation to be in. For me it sounds like you feel isolated more than lonely because you simply don't have things around you. One can feel lonely even if they have people around. You need something new to ease it up for sure and it needs to include other people. You should have friends to study with, that might help both problems. Basically just try new things and try to build new habits as much as you have time to.

I dont get lonely that easily but I would too in your situation. Good luck

• I try to find something to occupy my mind and hopefully kick through any lonliness - GaG has been a good friend at 4am when I couldn't sleep and felt lonliness creeping in.

• If you have trouble self entertaining... loneliness can only really be cured by interactions. If you are ambitious, once you leave the house... the possibilities are endless, but its what you make of it.

-go on a dating site for fun
    - message people you already know
    - gag
    - see whats up with ex boyfriends
    - do nothing, it will pass

• Study for few (lot of) hours, talk with boyfriend for few hours, Chat on GaG for few hours, Chat with real life friends for few hours. See, simple 😀

• (re) watch a movie
    start randomly scrolling some music playlists
    sleep
    play with my dog

• I text my buddies or play online video games.
    Sometimes I just go to the movies randomly alone and sit around people.

• The same thing I do when I'm depressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5L1YdFcw0A

Nice profile picture though. I used to have that picture hanging up in my childhood home. It's a nice looking hamlet. Feel free to talk to me, I don't have any of those things either

• I browse the internet to read articles and watch videos. Sleeping is always nice too.

• "every 2 weeks or so"
    I wish. My family and close friends live further away so I'll see them once in 3 months or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CAYFIpi89k

• I find a random person and make them talk to me🙂😊

• I either bury myself in my schoolwork by studying unnecessarily, watch Netfix all night and/or read, and on weekends treat myself to long solitary walks around the mall contemplating on the mysteries of life and hoping to meet a girl.

• Sit and drink my lonely wine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcEj6gzM89Q

• Take up a hobby, I have so many damn hobbies , I took them up because of the same situation you are in. I cook, draw, guitar, paint , basketball, badminton , chess, and gag xD

• hug my cat and my dog.. or both at the same time

• chat with people or find other things which I enjoy doing and distract me. tv/yt, reading, games, working on a personal project. maybe try something new out.

you know where to find me should you feel lonely and need someone to talk 👍

• I talk to you 😛 and if I am sad I talk to your sister 😂😂 Sara you have to appreciate your sister 😂😂😜

• Hmm i go and fish, i learn to spend time with myself. It usually helps because i need it.

• Hit the gym
    Watch a movie by myself
    Walk the dog
    Finish up whatever work you have
    Explore the city
    Go to Starbucks and flirt with someone

• Not much.

• Prison sounds more fun...
    Social media is your friend in that case

• Come in Gag and answer to questions on Loneliness...(like right now)

• Play games or sleep.

• I'm alone all the time

Read
    Game
    Internet
    Gag
    Sports
    Tv
    Movies
    Hang out on the weekends

• I usually play video games, work on personal projects or just watch a movie while having a drink.

• gag, videos, smoke up, call people on my phone.

but, i m ususally doing something so

• I am in similar situation now. I play a game or watch a TV.

• Sounds just like me. If you get an answer let me know.

• Do something that will inspire me to be a better person.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 14

• I study and study! I bought 2 pokemon game and 3 good books to read! And I have like umm... I need to learn how to cook. An essay due in two weeks and like I am suppose to join a gym. I am also suppose to join a club but I am slacking off on that. Clubs are way to make good friends (:! Also volunteering or getting a job. So I can't be lonely I am just lazy and stress about school that I don't try to socialize beside online.

• I go to the gym
    Take the dog for a walk
    Read a good book , because i can get lost in a book lol
    Go for a jog or swimming

I am surrounded by family and friends, but there is times when i feel alone, but it's mostly when no one can relate to how i am feeling.

• I know exactly how u feel. its like that for me too. so far from home, studying all the time, no boyfriend... boys dont notice me pretty much but its ok. i am thinking about career now. what helps me is I made a friend who comes to the library with me to study and we are roommates now too. so we always have each other and thats enough. all u really need is just one friend :) if i were u, i would put myself out there more to meet people and see where it leads. are there extracurricular activities u are involved with? even volunteering gets the best of people out.

• Yeah this is my life and I'm fine with it. I just engross myself in my own interests.

• what i do when im lonely

-read
    -text my friends
    -gag
    -write
    -bike
    -eat

yeah thats pretty much it

but in your case, if u love books like I do they're very comforting and better than people
    you can have tea/coffee while studying, take a break to go for a walk in your neighborhood or something

• To be honest... i don't know 😅 maybe you can do something you love? Any sport? Any thing you like! It will make a difference! But something that i DO know, is whenever you are feeling lonely you can text me 😌😘

• I recently moved out of my home country. All my friends are at work and I'm by myself waiting for my visa.

I just keep busy. Work on my craft. Research. Try to make new friends. Sometimes the lonliness is challenging, but for me it forces me to push outside my comfort zone.

• Sometimes I'll go to the gym, other times I'll lay in bed and watch netflix and let the feeling pass.

• ME!!
    -tumblr!! saved my life for years now!!!
    -download this app called periscope and you can make convos with them
    -Younow
    -Youtube duhhhhh (;
    -snapchat
    - i like watching series of dramas, kdrama or else if u like
    -walk outside when u feel lonely, walking around campus always helps me, even though i don't have much friends so no one knows me here

• I usually end up sleeping a bit if I am feeling sad/loneli ish

Otherwise, I busy myself with research.

If that doesn't do it, I would probably message someone and talk.

• Write stories. Its fun when you have an imagination. Read. Draw. Etc..

• I watch Youtube vids

• Gotta find someone to talk to or read cheerful quotes

• I'm clinically depress so I just cry or feel miserable