Complete distrust towards elder men?

I don't kow why but I've always had a problem with older men. Even when I was around 8-10 and if I went to visit a friend, I'd get along great with their mothers but somehow I was always scared of their fathers. I didn't trust them, i didn't like them and they scared me. It's been like that with every father I've met. Actually there is only one i get along with and his daughter has been my best friend for about 12 years.

I was an eexchange student in the USA for 10 months and lived with a GREAT family, I got along with everyone but I've never really trusted the father so I always kept my distance from him.

I also lived with a family in Paris for 2 weeks when I was 16 and I remember this one time we were sitting in the metro and the father was sitting across from me with his legs spread open (like men usualy sit) and it scared me/made me extremly uncomfortable.

To clarify, this isn't just with fathers but with all older men. Cops, teachers, bosses, family friends - you name it.

I have a fairly good relationship with my father but my parents got seperated when I was 6 (21 now) and he's been an delta alcoholic ever since (I don't live with him so I don't see much of it). Anyway, I don't think that I have daddy issues since he and I get along pretty well.

Now I'm just wondering if any of you feel the same or if I'm just strange in this way.

What Guys Said 1

• I too despise older men. In fact, I can hardly bear to get out of bed in the morning!

What Girls Said 0