Why are some people so possessive?

I traded numbers with this person in my nursing school (as I do with a number of classmates incase of emergency),
, but for some reason this guy is acting like "I am his".
When we rode the train (because we go the same direction home), he got off at his stop,
the doors closed and he still was talking to me through the doors (all I could see was his lips moving).
He's texts me every morning.
He refused to let me get off the phone last night when I said I was tired.
He begged me to talk for 5 more minutes.
When 5 minutes came up, he begged for 1 more minute.
He even begged me to come and see him.
He also got upset that I didn't call him back immediately after getting home.
WTF?
Calm down!
He's apologizing for coming off that way but he says it's because he really likes me (in text).
I'm freaked out!
If I were to fuck this guy, he'd probably be on some type of shit like "If I can't have you, no one else will!"

Keep in mind. He only had a conversation with me once and he keeps saying,
"You're the one, I can see it in your eyes."
"You're so beautiful, I like you a lot"
"You're the one?"... huh? I'm afraid I might be killed!

Most Helpful Guy

• Best to ignore this dude. He sounds absolutely crazy. If you were to pursue a relationship he seems like the type to be controlling too. Like not letting you out with your girls and stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people are just mentally unstable and don't understand how to control their emotions. He might also be the abusive type, or at least from what I read. Definitely stay away from him and break contact if you can.

What Guys Said 12

• doesn't sound possessive as much as he just really likes you and is coming on too strong, which is a definite red flag.

it would be interesting to know what he'd be like in a relationship. would he be super possessive or needy? or once in a relationship would he relax?

not that you should get into a relationship just to satisfy my curiousity... haha

• You're probably gonna have to kill him.

• Have you told him you are not seeing anyone? If not, get a guy friend to pose as your boyfriend. Does not have to be real... but just enough to maybe get this guy to lay off coming on so strong.

I am sure you can find a friend who will do this for you, if you tell em the situation.

• Sounds scary. The sooner you cut contact with this dude, the better.

• Common sense dictates you stay the fuck away from this weirdo.

• Its time to give him a reality check, no?
    media2. giphy. com/.../200w_d. gif

• it sounds like he is almost there as it is. if things get worse call the cops and get a restraining order

• Fuck him and find out if you're right :D

Give a newsflash to this dude. You don't have to be rude, but some rudeness might be required.

• You have the ring that Smeagol is after. Remember to use the ring responsibly because it weals great power and it crushes Smeagol if you toy with him.

• heh, so ur a pussy irl?

=P

• No, but I HAVE the pussy.
      It holds power!
      Look at the crazy shit I got this man doing :D

• No, he's not.
      I do my own.
      I just exchange numbers with classmates in case of being absent, information exchange etc.
      If I knew he got off the coocoo boat I would have told him he cannot have my number

• bet ur husband thinks it's funny. lol

• Sounds like he is just crushing on you. Tell him you are uninterested in dating him

• Just tell him off

• Yeah, his last text to me was an apology. I'm just going to let him know at this point, I'm terribly afraid and no longer want contact w/ him. He seems possessive. He shouldn't be so fascinated over me, when he literally knows nothing about me.

• I'm not flattered but put off.
      Possessive traits say a lot to me.
      That could mean, once I'm under his control "his girlfriend" he may see me as his property and try to dictate my every move.

• Yeah that's why. Does he know where you live if he doesn't just avoid him. Stay a friends house for a night if he ever tries to visit you. He seems obsessive. You really should just tell him off

What Girls Said 8

• This is the point where it would be appropriate for yr boyfriend to call him -- from yr number -- and leave a very polite, but very firm, message. And/or deliver that message personally if he happens to pick up the phone.

• That's really fucking weird. I think you should make it clear that you are only interested in a classmate relationship because he sounds 50 shades of insane.

• Mental illness?

• Distance yourself. While I wouldn't call it possessive, he definitely seems needy.

• He called me seven times and left me five different texts yesterday ( I didn't answer)

• Yes. Textbook neediness. Stay clear. He'll eventually get the message.

• I'll say stay away from this guy. He isn't even your boyfriend so he has no right to be possessive about you. It's best if you stop talking to him.

• He simply likes you. Probably you dont like hım. So he sounds possessive to you.

• mommie issues

• red light, get out of there lmao