I see guys checking me out, but they almost never ask me out?

Why? Many times I see them obviously checking me out but they never make a step towards me...
My friends even tell me they see them checking me out.
I fed up of being single but I'm too shy to make the first step. Help !

Most Helpful Guy

• I am like that; and I used to think I was a massive introvert, but I think I could have slight aspergers or autism.

But if these guys are normal, then they probably don't know anything about girls' body languge and their incredible stupid 18th century rule of not walking up to guys themselves and initiating conversations; so they could miss out on the body languge cues.

But if they do know about the body langugage ques, then they more than probably are terrified to death that you would scream at the top of your lungs: "RRAAAAPPPPEEE!!!" ... and yes, guys in the 21st century are now terrified that we will be labelled creeps.

After all - it has happened before and sadly will happen again and again and again... google these two headlines and you'll find your answer:
    "London Underground worker jailed for falsely claiming she was raped":

"My year of hell: Commuter accused of 'preposterous' sexual assault case wary of travelling with women"

• Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you can't expect for everyone to make the first move, and how do you even know they're actually checking you out? If you really want the guy, then go and talk to him.
    And it could be the case they don't want to ask you out being you're so pretty, they may be just as shy about it as you are. Believe me, it may have been weird back in the day or in the early 2000's for a girl to make the first moves, but thats changing. And i'm sure a guy loves it when a girl comes out of her shell and goes for it. So just talk to them, its even less awkward in a club/party atmosphere.

What Guys Said 16

• Women need to let men know it is ok to approach them and talk. You would not believe how many women that are total bitches and get us into trouble when we talk to women. So men look for signs that this will not happen and it is ok. The sucessful women flirt and smile and let men know it is ok to approach them.

• You could sometimes look at it this way.. you are in a very expensive stereo shop and many guys will visit.. a lot do not buy anything but yet they always look.. some may figure you might just.. be someone special and they think right away why bother.. I cannot have that anyways

• Doesn't mean he's a guy that there also not shy

Coming up to a random person, up in their personal space to initiate a conversation is not a simple job.

You should be more clear that you want him to come up to you or you go up to him. Make it clear as day! Unless your an advanced pick up artist that's different

• When a cute guy is checking you out, wink him over for a chat. I am sure he will come and be delighted knowing that you wanted to chat with him. If I could summon cute girls to come chat with me just with a small movement of my head, I'd do it constantly.

• If you don't let guys know that you're approachable, then you'll end up only with a**holes who want to dominate you. Just say something friendly. Don't think of them as a guy who you want, but just as another person who may like the things you like. Ask anything - how their day is/was/going to be. Doesn't matter what it is, you've just said that you're okay to talk to.

• They're shy too. That's the problem.

• Hey, are you free this Sunday?

• MAKE THE FIRST STEP AND STOP COMPLAINING ! you complain but do nothing to change your condition... after you have tried to change your current situation then AND ONLY THEN will you be authorized to whine you lazy fuck

• They're just admiring your beauty, 95% of guys who check out women are doing this.

• Almost never? So go out with the ones that do - problem solved.

• Some girls are intimidating if they are very attractive. Or guys would assume you have a boyfriend.

• Intimidated by your beauty and rejection. So what time should I pick u up?

• That happens to me too , because I think maybe she will feel uncomfortable

• Just gotta wait until you find a guy who's willing to approach you.

• Love finds you when you least expect it

What Girls Said 0