Do dreams mean anything?

• Yes dreams do mean something
  • No dreams don't mean anything

Most Helpful Guy

• Metaphorical ordering of experiences and information you're senses have picked up in any given time. That's why kids sleep so much. Their brains are trying to process the information they've sensed that day into a lucid and understandable picture of the world. It's Metaphorical so they can be used as a template of understanding and be applied to a range of experiences and memories. It's your brain cleaning the house up and putting things into order so they're easier to find just like a clean up programme on a pc

Most Helpful Girl

• Not to me

What Guys Said 10

• Depends in what way you're looking at it. In supernatural terms, they certainly don't mean anything. For example the belief that dreams can make predictions is esoteric rubbish. However, dreams do oftentimes have psychological meanings. They can tell you a lot about the state of your psyche, repressed emotions etc.

• Yes, some dreams do indicate something that might happen in real life whereas some dreams are just dreams. Hence it depends on what you see in your dream.

• Dreams are just your brain processing the information it stored during the week and you get to participate (say thank you to your subconscience)... they dont mean anything : it is like luck --> a succession of events being interpreted as luck... same thing for dreams : people interpret them, they dont have a meaning

• Sure you can say sleeping is digesting the sensations of your last days. Dreams are excrement. And there may or may not some truth in it. They can't predict the future or shit like that. But they can be a very helpful guide and a good tool if you want to use it - dont you think?

• nope

• I wonder that myself. I have these nasty dreams that I wish I could figure out.

• 0|0
  • Asootf

• Im sure yes. I had some predictions in my dreams and all of them came truth. So Im saying yes.

• Not really, they are just a mix of all the things you have thought through the day, mixed with some new things you are thinking through the night. In a way they mean something cause it's what's in your subconscious, but that's just the stuff that you have seen or thought about really

What Girls Said 4

• Dreams do have meaning, but they do not "predict" the future nor are they "magical". Dreams basically reflect on personal worry, fears, desire, etc. Some people, such as me, have more vivid dreams that look and feel realistic, but that doesn't mean it's more than a dream.

• Look it up. Sometimes they do and other times they dont. Sorry if this sounds rude at the beginning >_<

• it depends

• Not always/or maybe ever.

Most are from subconscious.