Do You Drink and/or Smoke?

Greetings fellow GAGers. Just out of curiosity, do you drink or smoke?

I used to smoke cigars and use Swedish snus, because I enjoyed the taste and buzz at night, but then my dentist told me that if I didn't stop my teeth would be permanently stained. So being the vain sort of guy that I am, I quit tobacco cold turkey and had her clean my teeth up.

I don't drink either, apart from a religious context like the Eucharist. I'm not morally opposed to it or anything, but addiction and particularly alcoholism runs strong in my family so I try to avoid liquor. My friends tease me because whenever they smuggle a huge cooler full of beer somewhere, I never drink any and always become the de facto designated driver.

• Yes
    30% (13)31% (11)30% (24)Vote
  • No
    64% (28)58% (21)61% (49)Vote
  • Lemons
    6% (3)11% (4)9% (7)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
25|27

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope never did and never will for both

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Non smoking, no alcohol but drinking liters of water and coffee.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have trouble believing that a man your age doesn't smoke. I was under the impression that most senior citizens did.

• I did smoke heavily, pipe, cigarettes, cigars until my 30. I stopped because there was a baby coming. Became seriously addicted to tap water , never restarted smoking:
      Just calculate it: 1 pack of cigs/day 365 day/yr since my 30. Nice savings. :) Tapwater isn't really expensive nor unhealthy.

What Girls Said 24

• I drink pretty rarely, like a maximum of 2 units a week, and most of the time it isn't even every week. I can go like a month or more without drinking any alcohol so I guess I technically do drink but not enough to consider it a regular thing. I've only smoked one cigarette and I'm not taking that up as a hobby :P

0|0
    0|0
  • i drink (responsibly) from time to time; i'm italian and, because alcohol isn't "taboo" the way it is in north American culture, i've never felt the need to abuse it. i know what my limits are, and i stay within them.

also, i don't smoke, but i love someone who does.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drink? Every once in a while. Maybe like one glass 5 times a month.

Smoking? Never have, never will.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will never smoke. I do want to try my first drink though since I turn 21 next week. But drinking is not something I plan to do often. Maybe only for this bday

0|0
    0|0
  • i drink on occasion. i don't smoke.

0|0
    0|0
  • I smoked occasionally but I cut it out, because there's nothing that doesn't get harmed by smoking in the human body. I drink 1-3 times per week but not so much to get drunk

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never smoked and I don't drink alcohol. I hate the taste, but I am a coffee addict lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I've never drunk alcohol or smoked anything besides shisha like 2/3 years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't drink. My dads family are alcoholics so I don't want to be anything like that, also I don't like the taste.
    I do smoke once in awhile, not to often as I don't buy my own. During lunch break at school, if my friend is going for a smoke she will give me one or two, depending on how cold it is outside

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm a teetotaler and that's how I'm going to be for the rest of my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't drink right now because of being on accutane.
    I don't smoke, I'm allergic.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ugh, that's some rough stuff. Absolutely horrible for you. ... but it works. Knocked mine out in 6 months. But I also drank while on it and scared the hell out of my doctor.

• I drink occasionally. I don't smoke.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't smoke. Drink rarely on occasion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't smoke, but I do drink occasionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't drink or smoke and while it's part religious for me I've also really never had the desire.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol ok I don t smoke.
    I drink during parties

0|0
    0|0
  • nah i do neither.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't drink nor smoke.

0|0
    0|0
  • social drinker no not a smoker

0|0
    0|0
  • I only drink occasionally (when at parties)

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, a lot of nos.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

No alcohol, no smoking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never smoked. I do drink but very rarely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I drink, but I don't smoke

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 26

• I'll often drink several glasses of water per day, but consider all alternative beverages "unclean". And if you should ever catch me smoking, please pee on me, as I'll be on fire!

2|0
    0|0
  • hardly drink alcohol.

I don't smoke.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I neither drink (alcoholic beverages, that is) nor smoke.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't smoke and can't stand being around smokers. I drink during occasions.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I never drink, I never smoke. I don't have any self destructive bad habits.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never tried cigs or whatever. Tried a little bit of alcohol. Nasty. Never drank alcohol again.

2|0
    0|0
  • No and I dont need the high, I got high on life itself

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't smoke and drink very lightly - I used to drink heavily probably one of the reasons I don't like to drink that much now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never smoked qnd never intend to. As for drinking - only on special occasions. So I can say that I'm substance free.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hardly ever drink. Just have a drink every so often and I have never smoked anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope never did and never will for both since it's a waste of time...

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never smoked, and I don't drink, believe it or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never smoked nor do I plan to. As for drinking, only on social occasion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a glass of wine with dinner most nights... the Vitamin C is good for you! hahaha

I usually DD whenever my buddies want to head out... guess I am high on life!

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink yes. Smoke no. I've tried it, didn't like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No and no...

Not anymore...

2|0
    0|0
  • I drink, but I don't capital D Drink as an activity.

0|0
    0|0
  • We'll have fun with your lung cancer

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't smoke and I drink only occasionally on parties

0|0
    0|0
  • I do drink.

0|0
    0|0
  • I smoke but I don't drink

0|0
    0|0
  • I drink smoke passes time

0|0
    0|0
  • If life gives you lemonade. Make lemons out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't smoke but I drink often... but is it just me or younger people don't drink/smoke anymore? Afraid?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a lot but I'll have a drink from time to time. And I don't smoke cigarettes, they taste disgusting, but I have tried smoking other stuff that was nice :P

0|0
    0|0