Would you buy a Windows Phone?

explain your answer

• I own and use one
  • Yes
  • No, it's a poor operating system
  • No, it doesn't have the apps i want
  • No, it doesn't all that my current phone does
  • whats a windows phone?
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have one and I hated it. It didn't have many apps and the ones it did have often had been abandoned by the companies and weren't updated anymore so they were full of bugs and glitches. I didn't like the operating system in general and I didn't like the layout that it had.

• Why didn't you like the layout?

• What about it though?

• I don't know? For me, it just looks really clunky and awkward, especially when the boxes are all different shapes. I prefer just the standard icons like we still get on the Windows desktops or on Blackberry or iPhone phones.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had 3 Windows Phones over 3.5 years and I finally switched back to Android (Xperia Z5) last October and I don't regret it at all.

I switched to Windows Phone (7 back then) I did it mostly because of the performance. It was shit on Android and dual core processors only started to appear in smartphones. Windows Phone was much more fluid with the same hardware. I don't need too much apps so I thought it will be fine.
    But it took them forever to implement some basic features and it felt like there is no progress at all in development... lots of their bigger updates changed stuff under the hood which the user doesn't really noticed. many apps were missing, worse or had only bad alternatives. Microsoft treats me as customer from a small country also like shit. they didn't gain any market share which means it won't get much better soon and with their decision to allow android apps on Windows Phone the number of apps will grow, but the quality will decrease even more because they are not built for the WP system. If I want apps designed for Android then I will use an Android device. And finally Windows Phone 10 is a big disappointment (and a fucking mess)... so I didn't see any future anymore with Windows Phone and went back to Android and OMG it's so much better and performance is also no problem anymore.

I had a Lumia 800, 920 and 930

What Girls Said 4

• Nah, I like the phone I have now and I'm not interested in switching.

• It literally does not have the apps most other phones have that are most popular. My mom has one. But that's only because she barely knows how to use a phone, and it's easier for her to understand. Lol

• I just want flip phones back :'(

• You can buy a flip phone today

• Probably not 😕 I don't really like them 🙊📱

• What don't you like about them?

What Guys Said 11

• I have an older Samsung with Windows Mobile 6.1 that I really only use as a wifi email viewer when I don't want to get up and check email on my desktop. I'd be willing to give a newer Windows phone a shot, presuming the price was right for me. I hate iPhones and Androids have their moments of frustration for me.

• I don't really feel or think that I have a real need for it in the present and in the future.

• The biggest issue for me would be giving up specialist apps I've gotten used to having on iOS. The app support for Windows Phone is very poor and I'm not convinced by the hardware. It strikes me as being third place: the Chrysler of the phone world.

• WP8.1 is actually a better choice at that budget than a cheap Android device.

But it's not taken seriously in the West in terms of application development. Barely anything supports WP.

• I'm in IT and regularly support phones, setting them up for email and the like...

I've worked on exactly _1_ Windows phone.

• What was your impression of the phone?

• The OS is clunky and hard to manipulate. And nothing worked on it right, not even the MS exchange email, ironically.

• How long ago did you try it?

• No, because I don't wan't my phone linked to my PC.

• It doesn't have to be. Separate emails

• yeah but I already have enough email address's, really don't want another.

• yes if was cheep enough. only payed 1 dollar for my android phone with 2 year agreement

• I own one, but I would not buy it again. Very easy to use, but poor operating system. The app store is very neglected.

• No. Iphones are probably the best out there.

• It has too many third-party apps which some don't work at all

• I currently own one. Truth be told, it's not that bad once you ignore all the shady personal information thingy. Yes it doesn't have many apps to choose from but for me it's not a problem. I have few games I like and that's all I need. The operating system isn't bad either. I like the layout. For me at least it's tidier than android's. However, as I mentioned before, it asks to track your location and for other personal information quite a lot which is very concerning. So it's ok phone for me, but I won't buy it again.