How do you know FOR SURE that you are in love?

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these questions from women asking about how they really feel, and I dunno, it's up to you. "Love" isn't magical, it's some descriptive word we assigned to describe an incredible level of bond with a person, and how you experience that is going to be very subjective.

I'd describe my personal experience as having reached a state where I missed a girl so much that I couldn't even focus at my work. Suddenly I went from being a very attentive person at meetings to daydreaming about her all the time, I couldn't bare spending moments without her, the whole world seemed empty and just on auto-pilot without her.

I got to a point where I put her above all family, friends, career, everything. That was the peak of it.

And I thought it happened before that, until I experienced the genuine thing. But the genuine thing isn't that important, the first time it happened, it didn't work out. The second time wasn't as intense, but it did and I got married.

Being so deeply and passionately in love can't last forever. At least I'd be amazed to see someone that is, say, ten years into marriage still daydreaming about their wife at work and being tempted to just draw her face and write her name like a teenager.

The less passionate form of love, maybe not "in love", can last forever.

• The second time wasn't as intense, but it did [/was there in some form where I was missing her all the time] and I got married.

• Maybe one way to look at it in terms of how I experienced it: if you faced a hypothetical scenario where your entire family and all of your best friends and your lover were drowning, and you were presented with the following choices:

A) Save *all* of your friends and family.
      B) Save *only* your lover.

There were only two women in my entire life where I would have chosen B. Those were the ones I considered myself to be most deeply in love with, and everything else mattered very little after that. I would have sacrificed everything for them without even hesitating.

• A geeky plug (I've become a GoT fan): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKHkZD-euI

Robert Baratheon became one of the characters to whom I could most relate, since I became like that after I lost the first love.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you no longer feel worried that you're 'not yet in love'. You know you're in love when you've reached such a level of comfort with each other that you're secure and happy with where your relationships at, regardless of whether or not you've met some milestones like saying 'I love you' or other things people feel the need to do as proof of love. You're fine without those kinds of things because you already, without a doubt, feel the love in each other's actions.

What Guys Said 6

• This is a tough question. I don't know. It's the kind of thing that you might only be able to answer for yourself, but at the same time, you might never have absolute certainty about. I think there's always an element of faith in knowing this. For some the faith aspect might have to be larger. It's tough. I don't have any objective answer for you, I'm afraid. Do you genuinely desire the BEST good for the other person? Are you comfortable with sacrificing things in your own life for the person's well being? Answering yes to those questions are good indicators. Bless you.

• I usually notice myself simpering and drooling more so than normal.

• One of life's mysteries - You just know, everything feels right and hopefully other person feels the same way.

• When you take a look back at your texts and start to realize: "SHIT, I just texted this girl for like 72 hours end to end and didn't try to bring up sex ONCE! WTF"

• When he buys you a diamond.

• You just do🙂

What Girls Said 2

• When I smell that pizza I alrasy know

• Would you do (almost) anything for that person? If so, then yeah, it's safe to say you've been hit by the Cupid's arrow 💘