Are these people thugs?

• They Are.
  • No (because you're a hypocrite)

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you referring to the cops or the fans as thugs? because the cops were just doing their job and keeping the peace and trying to contain people who even I'll admit get a bit to rowdy sometimes after a game, it can easily get out of hand.

Also the word thug is not a word that describes black people it describes people who act like or are criminals and hurt or hassle the general public black, white or purple their skin color doesn't matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• Semantically, there is a UK word hooligan that we don't use in the US that fits really well for idiots who cause petty disorder. Where a thug would be more someone who uses intimidatation and violence to commit crime & display force over others.

You can be one or both and any race.

What Guys Said 10

• Thugs can be any race. Those people are thugs.

• you think that's bad? look up what buffalo bills fans do. that shit puts everyone to shame. also, i think it was last year when michigan state beat someone and they set a couch on fire... shit, vancouver set their own damn city to flames over hockey.

• Thugs can be any race.
    To say that thug is the new n-word is just a way to get people expressing opinions you don't like to shut up.
    That's why they pulled the same crap when people called Obama a socialist.

• Gotta do watchya gotta do. Those crowds had to be dispersed immediately, there was a sale at the donut shop!

• Seriously though it is hard to say by that picture, seconds, minutes before it was taken that crowd could have been way out of control.

I'm not law enforcement, I'm not trained to asses crowds and tell whether they're potentially likely to get out of control.

Maybe they were just fixing a potentially bad situation, I don't know what the deal is.

Hard to judge on just one picture.

• Thug?

What are we, medieval?

They're not thugs, just idiots. A LOT of drunken idiots.

A white person can be a "thug" as you say, so can a black person.

• They're drunken idiots acting like children. I hate the term thug for anyone.

• It's the same shit for ALL rioters no matter what people say

• Bro, that's not a riot. 12 people were arrested. There was hardly any violence, and no looting. Not a riot

• @M_A_X
      It wasn't big but it was still a riot. The point is they should be called thugs like others who disturb the peace

• It's not like they firebombed and looted businesses.

• Yes, they are. Thug is a criminal, anybody can be a criminal.

• Not exactly thugs, thugs is more a lifestyle of petty gangsterism

What Girls Said 4

• Watch people defend this... It's okay to protest over football games... But not oppression and brutality... Got it ☺

• This wasn't a protest, dear. It was a bunch of drunks celebrating. There were no fires, no looting, and it wasn't a riot. The two aren't comparable.

Now please believe me when I say I'm not trying to put you down. I just want everyone's moral compass to be pointing in the right direction. As I said before "Okay. I'm going to respect your opinion, but point out to you that it seems like it's coming from a place of hate. This shouldn't even be compared to Ferguson. Ferguson was some real shit with rioting, looting, fires, and was for a good reason. This was a bunch of drunk people celebrating the superbowl."

There were only 12 arrests, and hardly any violence. Please believe that I'm not trying to take away from the impact of the Ferguson riots or saying they didn't have a good reason to be upset. What I'm saying is YOU are taking away from it's meaning by comparing it to something like this, and I don't want to see that happen

• It's like... comparing the death of Martin Luther King with the death of Michael Jackson

They're both dead, but one of them was poignant, and meaningful. One of them was killed because he was preaching love to the world and trying to make a point... the other one just kind of happened. Ferguson was an important part of American history. Please don't compare it to a bunch of drunks

• haha I didn't click the link to lazy!

• If the rioters in Ferguson were labeled as thugs, then these people should be labeled the same. They won't, but they should.

• You're comparing rioting and looting stores with a bunch of drunk football fans, where only 12 arrests had to take place. Nope, they're exactly the same

Please don't make things that have nothing to do with race, about race. These are nowhere near the same type of situation

• Well, that makes me genuinely happy. I really can't describe how happy it makes me because I'm weird. Thank you for listening to what I've had to say and take care until I see you around again.

• @M_A_X no problem, thanks for your input.

• They are more like rowdy and destructive people. It's really stupid when people go that far after a game.