Do you collect things when you travel?

I should have started this when I originally started traveling - not that I would have many more - but since my days of Texas traveling have happened, I've begun collecting sweatshirts from the airports.

Do you collect things when you travel?
So now it's officially going to be my "thing" that I collect when I go somewhere. I'm gonna be sure to grab a sweatshirt from the airport or city itself.

Most Helpful Guy

• For 35 years, I've been collecting shot glasses.
    I'm not sure how many I have at this point but I suspect it's over 1000.

I was 13 and killing some time at souvenir gift shop as I was waiting for the time for our tour group to arrive. I had collected a few different things by that time (pens, patches, key chains) but had not committed to any one yet.

As I sat on the step out side this shop, I thought to myself about what I should be collecting. Since I had time to think and I had many options in that shop, I came up with a very restrictive set of criteria.

I decided that whatever I chose to collect should be:
    - durable
    - displayable
    - small
    - usable
    - inexpensive
    - widely available

Shot glasses fit that list perfectly.
    www.showcase-express.com/.../...GlassSetofFour.JPG

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to take the tiny shampoos from every hotel I stayed at. I had like 2 bags of them lol. My parents made me get rid of it all when I was younger hahaha.

What Guys Said 17

• I don't collect things per se but I usually buy my nephew a replica shirt of the local football/soccer team so when I see him wearing it, it reminds me of my time there.

• I don't collect things but if I see something cool that would be a good souvenir I'll take it. When I was in pregue I saw a fake Puma T-shirt that said coma and the Puma was passed out lying on top of the writing. I thought it was pretty funny so I bought it. I also have a bunch of T-shirts from concerts or other places.

• Yes! I have key chains from places I've visited. I also have rocks from places that make me feel really good. Sometimes I close my eyes while holding certain ones and I teleport back to where I was. It puts a smile on my face and it drives me to keep working hard and going forward. I want to experience more incredible things in the future :)

• I've thought about the keychain thing because it's probably a helluva lot cheaper lol but I would lose them faster.

I'm glad you can find peace in the rocks you bring back with you though! Always good to have an outlet.

• Yeah I have lost a couple and some of them are broken..

Yeah they inspire me to travel more and to see some of these things again in person.

• When I was a kid, I used to take things from the hotel like soap bars or pens. Uhh do pictures in cool places count? :o

• you didn't go to the best city... san antonio? not really. i don't think i do. when i was in pompeii, i did college a tile from the ruin, a rock from the ruin and a rock from vesuvius. i didn't know it was illegal until we got back and my mom said something about us possibly getting held in customs... but i do think i have postcards from everywhere i've traveled.

• *collect a tile

• Nah you're just assuming I went to all three places at once. It's okay, I understand, you like to assume things. Carry on. Your life.

• why are you such a bitch? i was just naming a really great city to go to that you would probably like and 1 of my favorites.

• Yes I do all the time

• I collect patches and then when I get enough I put them on a board and frame it :D

• Yeah I like to take stuff back from my trips if and when I take em.

• Yeah i used to buy keychains. I haven't traveled in years tho lol

• No not really especially not buying things at gift shops they really rip you off.

• I get a shot glass from every place I visit. I've done it since I was 13 and now have around 60 :)

• Just credit card receipts. :-(

• haven't made it outta texas huh

• maybe I would if I'd travel... lol

• I usually get a few t-shirts and fridge magnets, shot glasses, keychains, that kind of stuff.

• yeah i used to collect chess-sets and cool wallets from wherever i went. i know others who keep shotglasses or other types of glasses/mugs.

• Nah, but it is a neat idea, I'm just broke lol

What Girls Said 9

• that's so cool! i usually buy souvenirs that have the name of the place. my 'thing' is those little bottles that have sand and seashells in them. not sure if I'm making sense. but yeah.

i also do the shirts thing, but they're T shirts :)

• cool! Nope! But I use to live near dallas and i been to houston!

• If I ever start traveling I probably will. I'm not sure what though.

• I collect magnets for my fridge lol.

• I collect a flower from every place I visit and press them in a book.
    I also keep ticket stubs and maps.

• That's so cool! I used to collect teddy bears from the places I visited, but I kinda stopped when I got older 😭

• No, I don't like having clutter and piles of stuff I won't use. I take small souvenirs from sentimental expeditions but not useless artifacts. Not that sweat shirts are useless...

• Used to. Like I would stop in gift shops and get a ring or even some type of snack only found there.

• Nope, I don't.