Why are those who have a "racial preference" usually unattractive?

I've noticed this with a good majority of them.
They'll have their nose in the air stating that they have a preference (and act as if they are better off by not dating that race), when I look at their physical features they are average or below average in appearance.

Not saying that above average people can get away with saying that.

But wow, why be so judgmental when you're not hot yourself?

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares. Dont worry about them. If thats what makes them happy, oh well. You just worry about getting with the guys you like.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, hun, this one's easy to explain. It's all projection, pure and simple.

People who see their OWN ugliness -- rightly or wrongly, consciously or otherwise -- think they can get rid of that, or at least dilute it, by throwing it onto others. It's pretty transparent, really.

In the same way, people who see their OWN inferiority are always the ones screeching the loudest about how entire groups of people are inferior. Again... projection.

I mean, the best textbook case for this is Adolf Hitler himself. He was a short ugly dude who hated himself, and he took it out on everyone else. (He hated himself so much that he tried to create a "master race" THAT DIDN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE HIM. Hmmmmm...)
    Unfortunately, he also happened to be really fucking good at public speaking.

What Guys Said 9

• I think that's a pretty dumb and intolerant question. First of all, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I once dated a girl (of the same ethnicity, nota bene) who was considered unattractive by most of my friends and family members. Yet, I thought she was very pretty and frankly, my opinion was the only one that mattered in that context.
    Secondly, people who have ethnic preferences usually can't help themselves. It's not much different from having other preferences. Are you into tall guys? Well, you must be ugly as fuck. Why don't you try to be more politically correct and love short guys too? See how incredibly dumb that sounds? Well, that's how dumb this question is. Some people simply have preferences. If you don't and you can date literally anyone, good for you. 99,999% of people do have preferences and usually they don't even know why they have these preferences, let alone change them. Some like tall people, others like shorties, other like chubby folks, other like muscular or thin people, some are into very smart people, other don't care about their partner's intelligence, some are into brown hair or black or blond or tattoos or piercings or religious people or atheists or lefties or conservatives or nerds or party-folks, or travellers or homebodies... why can't somebody be more into black than white or Asian than black or whatever? It really pisses me off that people like you use such primitive insults just because you don't like that some people have ethnic preferences. What's the big deal? I can tell you that I have an ethnic preference and my looks are not below average and I also don't feel bad for my ethnic preference. I don't see why I should! Everyone has preferences. Why should I apologize for being attracted to girls that have certain physical features? Tons of girls have rejected me simply because I have a visual disability. Is that a little unfair? Sure it is, but that's life. Suck it up and look for someone else. Believing that nobody should have preferences or that the majority of people with certain preferences are by default ugly is just some political correctness facist bullshit to be frank.

• "Beauty lies within the beholder" Is cliche and often times a lie!
      Usually when someone is unattractive many people see that person the same way.
      Now if we are talking about someone "average" looking chances are different people will see that person as okay, hot, cute, sexy, pretty etc.
      But if someone is "ugly" has no foundation at all of beauty then MOST people will feel that way about the person.
      thechive. files. wordpress. com/.../... e-exist-18. jpg
      Would you view this woman has hot?
      You sound guilty to me!
      You're probably one of the unattractive men I am speaking about.
      It's okay for people to be into a certain race, but to completely close OFF a race due to their phenotype is racist. You can try to paint it any way you want, but if it's an apple it's an apple.

• by the way, why don't you show who you really are? I'm so fucking sick of those anonymous girls. They're too cowardly to ask demeaning questions openly, so they go on anon cuz hey, you can talk as much bullshit as you want, none of your friends will ever know that it's you. Very mature. Really.

• You have issues really.

Who knew someone who gave such great insightful answers really was a immature , insecure guy. I'm really disappointed in you.
      I usually enjoy reading what you have to say.

Your whole response here is opposite from what I have seen from you on this site. Your cover is blown ! I now know how u really are

• Not I. I have seen people of all different types of looks on the "grand scale" that have racial preferences.

• But doesn't every girl have a racial preference? No girl is open to dating a brown or a dark skinned Indian guy who isn't tall, rich, or buff. There isn't any girl who is open to dating all kinds of guys.

• I m pretty sure looks has nothing to do with it.

Ask a bunch of hot people, they'd have preferences too. I m only into Asians and white girls. I've tried black or mulatto and how theyre raised is not my thing.

• yeah... no not quite i have seen some quite hot people who were attracted to only one race and it doesn't make anyone racist just what you prefere

• it doesn't make someone unattractive cause he likes a certain race... I mean we like what we like can't help it , i've been attracted to my blonde ex and she was attracted me despite me having black hair and eyes, i just dont feel attracted to black girls, not their fault but i just dont really feel anything towatds black girls even though some of them are pretty, its just how it is can't change that it doesn't make me racist it just means i naturally dont feel anything looking at a black girl how is that racist? its my body acting on its own iam not enforcing this behavour on myself, and who you are to tell me what the fuck i want to do and who the fuck i want to like

• Hahah ok
    But I'm average maybe below average but I don't have any racial preference 😊

• Damn, so because I have a preference means I'm unattractive or insecure? Folks these days...

• They are jelious about attractive people in other races

• Uh, people like you are the worst. Crying about people having preferences while being unattractive themselves while probably being an ugly ass gal not finding anyone loving her.
    And if that wasn't enough already for me to hate your existence, you belong to that brain-damaged group of people who think racial preferences are bad and evil while all kinds of other preferences are okay.

What Girls Said 6

• I've never noticed such a trend, tbqh. Wouldn't people who are not very close to society's ideals when it comes to attractiveness being super picky work against them, in the end?

Regarding your update asking why should they be so judgmental when they're not so hot themselves... nobody should be judgmental. Someone's physical appearance, whether they're 'hot' or not, in no way puts them in a position to judge others.

• I noticed this too! I find it very ironic how they'll speak with such entitlement and subliminal arrogance yet in actual reality, the odds are that most people in the dating world aren't preferring them nor their subpar looks.

• I have noticed it more with unattractive people having model standards. But I guess it's the same thing.

• There was this hot black girl, and this below average white guy said she's not my preference.
      It's like how is she ugly to you?

• Some people think too highly of themselves. :|

• They're probably insecure themselves so they use that to cover up their flaws.

Any normal black, Asian or whoever wouldn't probably look twice at them anyway. People like that aren't worth it anyway.

• Lol im sure if im a hot guy. I demand to date a hot gurl. 😖

• loool this is so mean but so accurate