Am I overreacting?

My wife works as a manager at a law firm. They recently had an overnight partner meeting at a nearby costal town. She was invited to attend. They had meetings along with a night out which involved everyone cutting loose and having a good time. She came back and said it was a lot of fun.
The following Monday she had two separate partners with the law firm approach her and state that one of the partners thinks she is totally "f**kable" . She told them that that made her feel uncomfortable. She stated to me she didn’t think it was a big deal. When I heard this I saw red! I am feeling very territorial as it seems to me that they were trolling for their buddy. My wife believes she should be able to handle it on her own. Am I over reacting by wanting to call these partner and tell them this is not acceptable behavior or do I just let it go?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how long it goes on.

She needs to clarify with them that their behavior is unacceptable, and you need to support that vs. going on top of her and doing something which may damage her work relationship. DON'T be that guy who ends up ruining her job.

BUT, if it continues, you need to let her know it's not okay and that she needs to put a stop to it by reporting it to HR. She might not think it's a big deal, but if it bothers you and she truly loves you, she will stop it out of respect for you.

At the end of the day, SHE needs to be the one to control the situation and you need to be the one that supports her in controlling it; not going over her to do something.

Your reaction is normal so I don't think you are overreacting as far as your feelings, but if your wife says she will handle it, let her know you trust her to do so.

• Thanks for your response. I will not be calling as the response has been 100% for not. She already is planning on speaking to HR. I appreciate your time

Most Helpful Guy

• Let it go and let her handle it. It might be bad for her reputation if you go over her head and talk to them.

• Good point. It is a sweet gig she has and I would hate to hurt her reputation. Thanks

What Girls Said 2

• You are definitely overreacting.

Unless you're part of some ass backwards tribe where men can clobber a woman on the head and drag her away from you, leave her to deal with it on her own. She can handle it by herself and has even told you that.

If she asks you to step in, by all means go right ahead. But don't try swooping in to rescue her lest you want to come across as insecure and possessive.

• I am not a meat head however, my inner caveman was at full alert on this one. I felt completely disrespected by the partners as I couldn't imagine speaking to a married woman in this way.
      I will not be calling. Thanks for talking me down.

• I'm sure it's infuriating to hear the slimey comments, but you made the right choice.

Besides, such phone calls can actually cause your wife trouble at work or even her job.

• Don't call. It will just create more problems. I understand you're mad, but just drop it unless something else happens

What Guys Said 0