What was your favorite drawing & painting tool when you were a kid?

When you were a kid, what did you like to draw and paint with?

And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|11

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• ::AHEM::
    WHERE IS THE ETCH-A-SKETCH.

I still vividly remember in '92, when everyone within 25 miles of Northridge had their drawing reset at exactly the same time. LOL

0|1
    0|0
  • Colored pencils. It was a lot easier to add a gradient to the colors and mix them as well. I still use colored pencils sometimes, but I prefer ink wash and ink for traditional pieces. I use my computer for digital prints.

0|1
    0|0
  • Spray Color, yaaay!

0|1
    0|0
  • Vote B + C + F equally.

Note: They all still are + charcoal :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Wooden pencils! I usually use dark charcoal pens. I love shadowing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Voted B but I still paint and draw, I use them all,,

0|1
    0|0
  • oil pastels

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• I played with lots of mediums but I always liked just plain old ballpoint pen and typing paper, even when I was like 7 years old. Mostly I just liked how I could get a massive stack of cheap paper and some cheap ballpoint pens and sketch all day long without worrying about the results, since the media was so cheap.

http://s16.postimg.org/r6k4nwtut/stinky_baby.jpg

1|1
    0|0
    • I think it also helped me that I couldn't erase, only build up from light strokes -- had to commit to what I had.

• Also father worked in an office and I'd sometimes have to stay at his office all day, so I mostly used office supplies and the ballpoint pen and typing paper was the most readily available.

• None of the above- I preferred plain old sketching pencils. The reason why was simple- I was a perfectionist, and with the pencils, unlike any of the others, you could actually rub bits out if your hand slipped, if you made a mistake, or if there was a bit of the drawing which you wanted to improve.

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted B, but I rarely used color. I always drew with black pencils growing up.

I have a bunch of pastels from my Grandma, but I never really learned color. Ever since I got a Wacom tablet, I've been hooked on digital sketchong. I'm trying to learn color painting now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just color pencils. My parents considered other drawing tools too expensive.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I still paint and draw sooooo.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm no good at art, but I did paint the walls with poop once when I was two.😂

0|2
    0|0
  • In elementary school it was color pencils, in middle school threw my early 20s it was spray paint. No it's probably just black ink or alcohol markers.

0|1
    0|0
  • Markers always had the boldest look, I liked them best until they got too wet and messy. Colored pencils felt the best in hand.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oil paints , I didn't use them too much cuz they were my precious hahah

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat crayons as a kid. hahaaa

0|1
    0|0