Conversation I overheard. How could this give me a hint? What kind of hint is this?

So I am talking to a girl that I have know since childhood at place I'm not familiar with some other friends of ours are there to. One of her friends was there that I found somewhat interesting. So I ask my friend a little bit about her. I didn't even think what I asked could be obviously considered when a guy was interested, I'm not sure if I care. However I saw in her eye like she was glad I asked her about her friend, even though what she said was completely devoid of indication that she suspecting anything. I am not remembering right off the bat what she said because of what I heard later but it was neutral nice feeling that I got from my friends response.
Now to a little bit later to after the talk me and my friend had to the conversation that I overheard. I have always had, sensitive hearing so hearing other people's conversations isn't entirely out of the norm for me. My friend and the girl are having girl-girl talk and I notice that the conversation was a little bubbly, happy and I was the subject matter. My friend said "Yeah he is into you" to which the girl responded sounding a little happy. I was a little on the fence on whether I found the situation favorable because I'm only a little interested, and while I admit I kinda liked the attention, I know I probably shouldn't eavesdrop. However how many people would just walk away when they find themselves in this scenario. After the first part I was able to understand, there was about five to ten seconds of chatter I couldn't make out before I finally heard something I understood. I heard that girl say with something different in her voice, "Maybe I could get some gum, give him a little hint." I am left with no way to understand what that means I started walking away after that and two seconds later I heard them come out the room, I look behinde and heard the girl asked do you think he heard us, thats all I recall. Can someone tell me what does that mean, with bubble gum?

10

What Girls Said 1

• She wants gum for good fresh breath in case you guys kiss or get that close to each other I'm guessing and if it's about you then who cares if you eavesdropped tbh lol you technically have a right to hah at least that's what I think

What Guys Said 0