What are the point of Pokes on Facebook?

For some reason I'm finding poking people hilarious tonight 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• When you poke someone on Facebook, they will get a notification that "name (you) poked you (him/her; the one who was poked)".

By poking someone, you're allowing him/her to read all of the information on your Facebook profile to let him/her to get to know you better which will help you to make him/her to accept your friend request.

If they'll poke you back, then you can read their profile information and see other posts which aren't public.

Good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's the only time you can poke someone without worrying about contracting a disease.

I love Facebook !

I get poked by people I don't even know sometimes.

It's exciting.

What Guys Said 8

What Girls Said 7

• It's just a reminder that a person hasn't forgotten you. It's a way of saying hello without spelling it out.

• I think it just mean you just make sure they are there or think of you!

• Never really understood either. But the times I've been poked, it was always by guys -_- I guess it's used to flirt, but it's pointless to me.

• I used to poke people when I had fb as a better way of saying hi than actually sending a message that just said hi and nothing else.

• It's sooooooooo dumb. Guys use it on me when they feel they need my attention And aren't ballsy enough to actually start a conversation with me

• To annoy the crap out of people...

Like seriously, I ain't gonna poke you back so stop

• I think it was originally for when people don't reply to you right away so you give them a poke to remind them to reply