Is it wrong that I don't say Bless You or anything after somebody sneezes?

Does this make me an asshole? It is just something I never did but I seem to get the impression that people are expecting me to say it when they sneeze and seem surprised that I don't.

• Yes
    11% (1)33% (2)20% (3)Vote
  • No
    89% (8)67% (4)80% (12)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|1

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not like saying "bless you" saves them from an untimely death.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's the way I look at it.

• Show All
    • It is something that made sense like five hundred years ago for superstitious reasons but stuck.

• Guess so. Well I don't see why you should have to say it.

What Girls Said 4

• Well.. You don't have to but it's a polite thing to do.

0|1
    0|0
  • You're not an asshole for that it's too big of a word, but it's nice and polite if you do say it

0|1
    0|0
  • Not everyone says it. It's fine

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes I say it. Sometimes I don't. It just depends on my mood.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Why are you not blessing them when the bad spirits are trying to get them? I mean you don't even have to be high level sorcerer to make the enchantment. Yes the origin of the saying is so very stupid and I love to mock stupid things.

"For the most part, the various sneeze responses originated from ancient superstitions. Some people believed that a sneeze causes the soul to escape the body through the nose. Saying "bless you" would stop the devil from claiming the person's freed soul. Others believed the opposite: that evil spirits use the sneeze as an opportunity to enter a person's body. There was also the misconception that the heart momentarily stops during a sneeze (it doesn't), and that saying "bless you" was a way of welcoming the person back to life." http://people.howstuffworks.com/sneezing.htm

0|1
    0|0
    • But like everything else people won't give it up even when they know different. lol

• @Asker yep but it might be that much easier to laugh at them when they get mad for not getting their enchantment