Earlier this week an old friend of mine passed away what do I do with the gift she bought me years ago?

Earlier this week, an old friend of mine was killed in a crosswalk. It was so sudden I had no time to react and I keep reminding myself she is dead. I just remembered about six years ago she bought me a book. I dont want to hold on to the past I kind of want to sell the book to a bookstore and give the money to a charity.

Most Helpful Guy

• If that's the way you feel about it, then do it. A book holds a moment you may have shared. But you heart holds her in it forever. So selling the book doesn't mean you're going to loose her in your heart. You're always going to remember her for everything else aside from "a book". I'm sure she wouldn't care as long as you remember her as a person.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry about your friend. I can hardly imagine. Personally, I'd probably keep the book and put it away in a box of miscellaneous keepsakes to look through in a few years or so. I hope you find a way to deal with this which will bring you peace if possible.

What Guys Said 4

• You can do what you like with the book.. but one special thing you may think about doing.. is if you put it to the charity that you want.. put it in on behalf of her name.. I am sure she is always in your thoughts and she is watching over for you.. you will do the right thing I am sure as you sound to me just on what I read a very together person.. she will be proud of you no matter what

• Treasure it.

• Keep it.

• Keep it unless you have another thing of hers your keeping

What Girls Said 6

• Do what she'd want you to do with it.

• You should keep it.

• You can do that or return to the family members.

• Keep it.

• Keep it. You can give other things to charity that aren't related to your friend.

• That sounds ridiculous and as a mockery to her memory but you do as you wish.