Is it okay to claim your black side, if you're only 1/4th black?

I personally consider myself to be black, even though i'm 3/4ths white. I just get along better with other black girls and I like being black. I'm sort of Mariah Carey's complexion with brown hair and green eyes though. Whenever I tell people that I am black, they always try to deny it. Like no, you can't deny anyone of their blackness. Its rude. You can tell I have black in me from my nose. When I tan and krimp my hair, I look like a mixed-black woman.

^ This girl said in a livestream that she was a black woman, and no one batted an eyelid. (She's black, Native American and Mexican). Is it because her skin is tan? I don't know.

• Yes, it is okay.
  • No, it's not okay.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• The reason why people are able to accept this woman calling herself black is because she has similar feautures to black people. They're able to see it reflected in her so it's not hard for them to belive. Rashida Jones is more black than this woman but she looks white. Her father is black and her mother is white:
    a2.files.biography.com/.../...Mzc3ODU2OTk1Mjk4.jpg
    I suppose you could say that you're mixed, but it's hardly there. Personally I don't call myself black, and I absolutely hate it when other people do. I am mixed, me choosing to call myself one thing over the other is never going to change what I am. You're at the point where you're barely mixed so it's hard to say. If you want to claim your black side, then I suppose it would be best to call yourself mixed since that is what you are. A mixed woman is not the same as a black woman. There's no such thing as a mixed-black woman. Just a mixed woman, and just a black woman. Since you're not a black woman, the best thing you can do is say mixed.

What Guys Said 6

• Not it's not the skin colour that shows me the black in her. Just look at her features. Thick sexy lips, bone structure, her nose and attitude behind that gorgeous smile. You can tell from a mile away, she has some black in her. But you can also tell she's not full black to a point. But, really, does it matter? She's fine as hell!!!

• If you're both black and white, why only claim one or the other?

• Man, claim what you want. I'm half black and half white but I tell people i'm 100%, nigga. Ain't nobody checking me on that and that's FACTS 💯

• Sure, go ahead...

• I voted no on accident lol
    I'm black and
    i claim my Asian side that i dont have so yeah

• No its not ok 😛

What Girls Said 4

• Yes... because you are both...

• You can claim whatever the %#*^ you want. I'm Korean and African. But obviously by my skin tone, you can't tell so I just say whatever I want.

• She ain't black, but of "mixed race."

• It's okay to consider yourself that. I'm 3/4's black 1/4 hispanic. I consider myself still hispanic.