Is Anyone Else Here Afraid To Show Their Face For Fear Of Someone You Know Stumbling Onto Your Profile?

I signed up for this site 3 days ago after I got tired of Yahoo Answers. Long before I became a member, I stumbled upon this site many, many times while doing random searches. Although I'm here to mainly ask and answer legitimate questions, I'd be lying if I told you that it's the only reason. I'm also here to have fun and some of the questions that I will ask and answer will be pretty embarrassing.

This is why I will never reveal my face because you never know who's lurking on the internet. If someone I know sees my face, they'd view me in a different light or even worse, I could be in trouble. Besides, with my username, would you want to reveal your face? Lol.

So, fellow GAG'ers, are you afraid to show your face on this site or no?

@MissPanda, @FOOLibra, @muscbrain5, I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of people who posted anonymously asking people to rate them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep yep yep me too.
    I fear one day I could do something really stupid and since my my identity is not hidden that person could always post it and it could be on the internet for people to see. I could also be blackmailed by some predator saying if I don't show him more he'd post what i've already done online.
    I know its not exactly what you had in mind when you don't want to show your face, but that is what my fear is. But i'd never be stupid enough to get myself into such a bad situation and i'm very modest.

Most Helpful Guy

• Na no one i know i would care if they saw anything i posted beside my family i guess but thats just because it would be weird and if anyone said they found me i would be like why you stalking me and that would be the end of that

What Girls Said 17

• No I'm not afraid to show my face. I never ask questions about my own life etc. i would rather help other people. I tend to resolve my own problems. So i don't generally ask other peoples advice. I guess i can totally understand why some people don't put up their pic though. It's an individual choice. I don't judge people for not putting their own pic up. They have their own valid reasons :)

• I don't show mine but it's more because I prefer people to treat me however they're going to treat me because of my thoughts and opinions and not because of how I look. Not that I'm anything special, pretty average, but I have seriously gotten messages of people who said basically "I want to see what you look like, because if you're not pretty or attractive I don't want to talk to you" and those are people I don't want to talk with anyway.

• No, Never, @BeerFarts. I want my friends, Follows and Following to Know Who they are talking to Here, dear.
    However, Everyone is Different, no one thinks the Same with their own Name. And even with your Name that is Not That Much 'Different' from a few I have Seen,
    I give you Credit for Not... Going Anonymous.
    You are an Honest John and Not a Bag of Wind.
    Good luck. xx

• I don't have that fear, but I don't show my face for different reasons. One, I feel the less people know about me the better. Two, I feel like it may limit the amount of messages from random people because of my looks. And three, I just like to remain a mystery. I think only two-three people know what I look like off this site.

• Yeah, I didn't have my picture up for several years after I came here. I eventually did because, well, my picture doesn't look much like me haha. I rarely wear bright makeup like this.

• I don't have a display picture at the moment but I am not afraid of showing my face.
    When I ask/answer something embarrassing or personal then I just go anon. 😛

• I am not.. 😊

• I'm not afraid about that.
    Not many people know me, and those I would be slightly afraid of finding me here (my parents) don't know English. So no problem. 😂

• nope. having strangers know what I look like, with what we talk about on here, would make me more uncomfortable

• I'm not afraid to show my face here. When I do ask or answer something embarrassing, I go anonymous.

• I tried to tag you but I misspelled your username. Tartar sauce!

• Lol that's cool. To answer the update, I see that too. I guess they just don't want to directly link their username with their picture, perhaps because they're afraid someone they know in real life will see that question and then go to their profile to look up their other questions. Asking for a rating isn't embarrassing like asking how to do things in the bedroom, lol.

• That's true. However, I think fishing for compliments is still embarrassing if you get caught by someone you know. That's just my opinion = )

• Yup. That's why I use someone else's face.

• I'm afraid of someone stumbling upon it but when it came right down to it I don't care.

• No, that's why I use the anon function. Anything I don't want associated with my face really isn't.

• Eh not really

• So I'm guessing that you mainly ask and answer serious questions? If not, you're awfully brave.

• o. o shit, i didn't think of that

• Yes! I want to be able to be myself without even the slightest worry about my job or something like that.

• That's exactly why I blur my face. Sometimes, I ask really silly and embarrassing questions to pass time (especially when I should be working lol.)

• Yes I totally agree with you I have done it a few times then take my pic off.

What Guys Said 15

• I am which is why I use someone else's pic as my avi.

• I always show my face - It never crossed my mind not to - I think if you are going to comment on other peoples' personal lives, I think you should be open about your own even if it means putting your profile pic up

• Nah not really. I usually have a picture of me on my profile page. So even if they stumble across a question where I posted, they won't necessarily know it's me unless they just happen to go to my profile.

• Not really
    I just disregard blank profiles. It's like they aren't even a real human lol

• I just for the most part didn't want pictures of me circulating on the internet but I put this one up since my cheesy 80s aviators cover up enough.

• I act nothing like a wanker on here for the express purpose of distancing it from all my other online profiles.

• Omg same thing ! I was kind a paranoid , so I didn't really put up a pic till LvL 8.
    But , after checking that no one I know could know is possibly on this site, I tried :P plus people were forcing me, "give this troll a face dude."

• I don't really care. I'm not a personal person so if someone sees me on here that I'd know then whatever.

• Nah I'm not worried about it. This site isn't THAT popular.

• This site may not be that popular, but it still shows up in search results.

• yup thats why i never posted a pic. i got a career to protect.

• No, I not only use my face, the name I use is a pen name, that I use for art, and poetry.

• no i just want people to judge me for what i write not what i look like.

• YESSSSS

• Nah I don't really care if someone comes across the site and happens to see me here.

• Yes plus I like to keep the anonymous feel.