Why are guys sexy when they're sweaty?

0|0
2|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, if you want the scientific answer (which takes all the fun out of it)...

They've done studies on that very question, and it's because of genetic diversity. All humans have chemical scent receptors in their noses, which differ from the ones we use conciously (such as when we know what an orange smells like). You can "smell" pheromones, even though you're not aware if it, and every man releases pheromones through their sweat.

These pheromones are unique to every man (like a chemical "fingerprint"), and you are able to subconciously pick up on it. It's your body's way of choosing a mate that will produce genetically diverse children. The men that have genetic markers which differ the most from your own will be more appealing, or sexy, to you, because your brain interperets his pheromones accordingly.

If you ever encounter a man who you don't view as sexy, while he's sweating (assuming he's physically appealing), it's because his genes are too similar to yours, and your brain is warding you off of him. Your body recognizes his "scent" as being unsuitable to father your children, because he wouldn't create enough biodiversity in them.

If you see a sexy, sweating man on film, though, you obviously can't "smell" him, so that's just you reacting to his physical appearance, on an instinctive level. The primitive, animalistic portion of your brain sees a man that is used to hard, physical activity, and suggests he will be a good provider for your children. It's a holdover from our hunter/gatherer days.

*Takes science nerd hat off*

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Only after sex, for it is not just yours, but her sweat as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we peacocking

0|0
    0|0
  • they are not sexy when they are sweaty that is a delusion

0|0
    0|0
  • There are male pheromones in a man's sweat. That is probably what is having that affect on you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Male pheromones are a natural thing that men give off in their sweat and the entire purpose of them is to attract women.

What Girls Said 2

• Lol i thought i was the only one who wouldn't mind puttin a hickey on that sweaty salty body 😅

0|0
    0|0
  • something to do with that science shit

0|0
    0|0