Why do I fear being alone?

i really hate walking alone or being by myself in public places like i seriously get bad anxiety & feel like everyones watching me & it seriously makes me nervous inside. Like im okay when im alone in my room or the bus or hallways etc etc but in big places w. Crowds i get really nervous & fear going out in public by myself. Why am i like that & how do i overcome that fear & feel comfortable being alone?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think thats a comon human fear. well u should stop thinking everyone is judging you cause they are not. when you enter a room act like you would when alone in your shower. give no attention to people. act naturally. the others are not your enemies. they are the friends you haven't met yet... .

• i expect nothing from people. i give to people. i enter a room, i'm positive and i smile. not a fake smile. i'm genuinely happy i interact with people. chances of being hurt? hell yeah give me emotional pain. for me everything is a lesson. i'm an eternal student. each experience gives birth to a stronger me.

• the huge shift for me happened when i stopped seeing people as "the others". there are no others. its us, and i just happen to be a piece of the puzzle. the puzzle has meaning only as a holistic entity, a piece alone is a non-entity.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the same, I don't know why but even when I'm in a room full of people I feel like I'm on my own. I think I'm scared I'm going to be forgotten which sounds strange but its the truth. You might have mild social anxiety. But I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think everyone feels like this at some point

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like you're developing agoraphobia. Get help NOW while you can. It can easily become disabling.

• Who have you talked to about this in the past?

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like social anxiety. I've had it for a long time, and trust me, it makes your life so difficult. I would try and get help now while you can.