How to Keep the conversation going?

Help, I'm a boring texter and boring in face to face conversations. I'm a 21 year old college student. Every Time I text or talk to my crush, I can't get passed wyd? Or how was your day? Or the always boring "good morning". I don't want to talk about same stuff over and over. It gets stale and awkward. I just wanna know how to keep the convo interesting and flowing. I know you can't force anybody to enjoy you but what I can I do to keep a convo going and get people at least a little interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm very similar.

But what the heck is "wyd"?

But the only good thing that has come out of me watching "pua"-videos is to try to refrain from asking questions and instead make general assumptions; like "What do you? Wait, let me guess; you are a nurse? No? Doctor? Prostitute? No... darn it"

And I've also read you should keep up with "pop"-news, some fluff about celebrities but I have no interest in them, so I just know a few jokes and keep them on the backburner and if I can inject them into a conversation I do

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Get them to start talking. I always like to say, "walk me through your day: so you got up this morning, took a shower and. . . ?" Then let them walk you through their day while you make commentary and tease throughout her story. It's the truck from which you can branch off and make more conversation

• Jump around from topic to topic, aim to find common ground, mutual interests, it makes talking easier and you both can relate to what you are talking about.

• You know what I do? I jump from one topic to a another. This keeps them on their toes and make you seem more interesting.

• Ask about a recent event in the news or locally. Ask if she has any plans for the weekend. Ask about her day/job hope this helps but usually talking about the news it flows onto more conversation