What would happen if I ran away and got caught?

I just got my interim reports back from school and my mom took my phone. ITS NOT EVEN THE REPORT CARD! its just how im doing so far. I am so pissed of I am seriously about to run away. But if i get caught, would I go to juvie (im 14).. I'm gonna move somewhere else. I don't know where though. I just want to leave here because she's been irritating me lately.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't run away.

That will not solve any problems, and your mother just wants the best for you. If I knew back when I was about your age what I know now - this is what I would do:

get your parents involved in my homework; let them know on a week to week basis, or preferably daily, what your teacher is assigning you to do at home.

I would request to sit at the kitchen table, and have my parents (either just one or both, doesn't matter) and tutor me with the stuff I don't get or the material I think is too heavy to solve.

And what I'm failing to do even now, in my school, is to do revision. That's a very important part that I'm failing to do, but everyone should revise over the weekend what they were studying over the week.

Your mother loves you and wants the best for you, but make her involved because then she'll see what material you are struggling with and then she'll know if you'll need a tutor for some material or not.

And don't make the same mistake as I did as a kid - studying in my room, because I hardly ever studied there, because I was doing almost everything else but studying... it was only when I heard my mothers footsteps that I grabbed my school books and pretended to study when she opened the door.

When you are out in the open, in the kitchen, then you have to study. And make your mother your study partner; it'll also bond you together

Most Helpful Girl

• Calm down... In a few days she'll forget about it and give you your privileges back. Until then lay low and don't piss her off... Don't do anything stupid either.
    We've all been there at some point. I once had to climb into the house cuz my mom wouldn't open the door when she saw my grades... I'm still alive...

What Guys Said 6

• You don't go to juvie for running away. You'd get sent back home and maybe go through counselling for being a troubled child. It sounds like your parents just want you to put more effort in at school. School is pretty important so maybe you should, and if you are struggling you should convey that to your parents. If you are genuinly putting in effort but are struggling with the work, your parents won't punish you. They are just trying to coerce you into doing the best that you can in the way that they know how to.

• no that's not a good thing it's just a phase and it will pass and it's your fault for not studying hard enough

• Mane, don't run away over some dumb ass shit like that. Keep your grades up and you wouldn't have that problem.

• They would take you back home because you're a minor

• where do you live?

• Dont do it you'll hurt yourself and your parents more

What Girls Said 3

• That's what parents do... irritate you. And largely because people act like punks when they are kids. As someone who ran away and did it with a vehicle and a job but under 18... it sucks. You run out of beds to bum, meals to bum, and money to run on. Imagine that at 14, and it's dangerous. I'm lucky I didn't end up hurt. Stay home, get your grades up, and focus on life.

• Seriously, don't leave. You're 14. Something could happen to you. Your mom is only doing this because she cares about you. Don't be a little shit.

• That is such a dumb reason to run away. Like I'm sorry but... damn. And it depends on where you live.