Non-English GaG-ers, what's the English version of your name?

For example:

If you're French, and your name is Pierre - your English verion of name would be Peter.
Or, if you're Russian, and your name is Yury - your English version of name would be George.
Or if you're German, and your name is Heinrich - your English version of name would be Henry.
Or if you are Irish, and your name is Liam - your English version of name would be William.
Or if you're a Greek, and your name is Nikos - your English version of name would be Nicholas.
Or if you are Arabic, and your name is Yusuf - your English version of name would be Joseph.
Or if you are Turkish, and your name is Yakub - your English version of name would be Jacob.
Or if you're Indian, and your name is Singh - your English version of name would be Leo.
Or if you're Chinese and your name is Yuēhàn - your English version of name would be John.

ETC.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• I'm French and my name is Carine. I don't think there's an English version :p

• I think Karen is the English version of your name :D

• Um yeah probably, but when I introduce myself to English speakers, I always say my real name with an English accent and they get it. That said, maybe they think I'm saying Karen lol

What Guys Said 4

• Well it's still omar 😂

• I don't know if there's an English version of Yassine. It would be interesting if there is though.

• How Singh's Leo? All others make sense but not dat... and some names cannot be translated as well... I hate it when people try to find an English version of their names even if there aren't related...

• For the record I've never met a Chinese person named Yuehan... that name is so Americanized, strictly for Americans named John who want a Chinese name (not Chinese people). This really only works for Western European names because they are all pretty similar, when you get to India, China, Japan, all the names literally do not translate because they are names. In the East people pick names based off of meaning, not sound, so while an American might say "I love the sound of the name_____, lets name our kid that" a Chinese person or Korean might say "I want my kid to be beautiful, and intelligent, so I am going to name them that... and then they proceed to take the Chinese or Korean words for those traits and add them together to make a name"

• Second of all you can have these names and still be a native English speaker. My brother's name is Liam and he cannot speak a lick of Irish (they also speak English in Ireland if you didn't know that), and my best friend in high school was named Pierre, but he didn't know any French, his parents were 100% American, and his family immigrated from Scotland.

• Yeah, I knew that, but Irish language is their original native language.
      Immigrants are not included here ;)
      As for the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans, yep, I know... they give their children names just like Native American Indians... by the meaning of the word.