What ancient civilization intrigues you the most?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• From those, I'd say the Egyptians, I'm sure there's so much we don't know yet. And after the discovery of hidden rooms in the pyramids, I'm even more intrigued.

• too few people even KNOW about the Sumarians. History pretty much started with them.

• I would like to live in one of these but as a high lord not as a slave as slavery was big in all these societies.

• Mayan for sure

• Egyptian and Inca. maybe the Mayans too

• Sumerian, Indian and Inca.

• Chinese cuz Im interested in China

• Romans.

• ancient Egypt

• Ancient Celtic civilization.

• Well i know my civilization , so let's say the mayan

• Definitely the Sumerians. The Sumerian texts are copies of older texts. Have you read The Lost Book of Enki?

• Fun Fact: Sub Saharan Africans never even invented the wheel.

• Rome!!

• all of them are awesome but there are even more ancient and mysterious and probably more advanced civilizations. like atlantians, pre-aztek etc. even the egyptian pyramids are considered by alternative archaeologists pre-egyptian. more ancient than 10.000 years old.
    also incredible megalithic structures have been found with perfectly cut stones weighing thousands of tons. like the recently discovered megaliths in russia.

minoan civilization has special place in my heart cause they achieved almost peferct society and had no rulers and kings. all were equals and live in harmony with each oother and nature's cycles.

• They had kings, king Minos was Minoan... Knossos was built before the Greeks, during the Bronze age.

• i'm talking about pre minoan crete. and if you read the latest research they believe its one of the closets conditions of communal society on earth.

• and even what seems like a ruler it wasn't like in the authoritative sense, more like a mere organiser for hte great calendar. their whole civilization was around their calendars and nature's cycles... .

What Girls Said 8

• I'm an ancient history student currently studying Greek and Roman history so... Those. However, from the options, I would specifically choose Crete and the Minoans seeing as I've studied some of them too.

• I'm very intrigued by the ancient Ethiopian civilization during biblical times. Before it was split and divided and looted by several different other cultures.

• None of the above; Greek civilization

• I love Indian civilization :)

• I already know my civilization, so I voted for Indian :D

• There's a lot of historical mystery around the Mayans - they disappeared without a trace in 900 AD
    Plus all of the Ancient American civilizations have always interested me

• chinese, egyptian isn't that interesting to me anymore although i used to be obsessed

• So what other civilizations you like now?

• i like my own history and chinese history, my own being abyssinia and the somali sultanates (adal/ajuran/mogadishu) but that's all medieval and you asked about ancient lol final answer: china

• Ok, thanks :)

• Forever have I been drawn to the ancient Egyptian civilization. It's quite fascinating.