Have you ever nearly died?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Girl

• YES.. Only last year I suffered a major heart attack, which necessitated me having to have life saving open heart surgery.. I am now hopefully on the way to making a good recovery.

• Wow, That happened to you early.
      Sorry that it did, And I hope everything goes good for you :)

• A heart attack and 25

• Good Heavens.. Thank you ever so much for the MHO. x

Most Helpful Guy

• Concussion-minor skull fracture, had to get rushed to er
    Drowning in 35 foot surf barely conscious, i would have been toast
    brother 11 years older, choking me near death with rear naked choke
    Tree branch embedded into my arm, if pulled out it would have severed my veins and i would bleed out in 20 minutes, hospital=40minutes away, missed all tendons, still have full motor control, luckily
    Minor paralysis of lower extrmities while in surf. Due to heavy work load nearly drowned only having full control of upper body>climbed up board leash. Sciatic nerve was temp paralyzed... i had over worked it the day previously at MMA.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes. I wasn't wearing my seatbelt on a vanride from rehearsal to my house and it was rainy outside. A deer jumped and skidded across the road in front of us and my van driver slammed on the breaks. I flew forward (I was in the front seat) and almost flew out the window. Luckily, I thought to use my hands and grab on to the dashboard which sprung me backward into the seat and on the floor. I also could have almost broken my wrists (I did not). It was a super close call, but hey! I'm alive!

• thats your own fault, no sympathy

• @jamesdegod Lol, I know. I never said it wasn't. I mean, it's not the first time it would've been my fault in almost killing myself. I was with my friend and she wasn't wearing her seatbelt either. We didn't tell our moms until a month later.

• I have almost drown, because of a stupid truth or dare game. If there wouldn't have been the teacher I would have died, because the others just laughed at me.
    Some years later a guy classmate almost suffocated me because I didn't let him play on my phone.
    So, my almost deaths were caused by stupidity.
    No wonder why I hate it so much.

• Hit by a car

• Yes...
    However, @Zombie-killa God said it was Not my Time in His own Mind.
    Good luck. xx

• I touched a LIVE telephone pole that collapsed in the middle of the street.
    Good times...

• Nah nothing happened, the firefighters and ambulance came and they said they had no idea how not only I didn't die but how I wasn't in pain either. My mom says it was God haha😂
      @ShayanMortazavi1

• I have almost got into a car accident, two different times
    I was dropped on my head as a baby
    Shattered my foot when I was 12
    I spent the first three christmas's of my life in a hospital all three times I had a very high fever

• Nearly got hit by a truck once, fell down from the second floor balcony and broke a few bones, hit my head on a sharp rock when I jumped from a waterfall... Does that count?

• plenty of times over me doing stupid shit

• Yes on 2 different occasions.

• Uh nope. I don't believe I have. Maybe I'm just too safe.

• Yes, many many times.
    I have hit by a car twice and I have had a car accident.
    I really don't want to remember.

• Either would have died, or just gotten a major head injury, I don't know though because it almost happened.

I was helping move a heavy staircase (that looked pretty light) from a 6ft ledge. I misjudged the weight of the staircase when it was over me and it started coming crashing down. This strong guy I know very quickly grabbed hold of it before it fell on me. That was a scary moment for me, but luckily I was okay.

• Yes, I have one time from an epilepsy stroke and another time from Meningitis.

• yes. one time I took lots of pills, and not by accident. Few hours later I was vomit everything out... now I look back and Thank god I couldn't take all that in my stomach... life is precious...

• I was almost the death of my own self

What Guys Said 26

• Most recently fell off the side of a cliff. Just managed to grab the edge with my hands like in the movies.

Been electrocuted a few times, tore up the cartilage in my knee while hiking solo in the wilderness. Without my sat phone I'd be bear shit. Almost got hit by a car a few months back on the bike.

• Yes, My mum and I got caught in a rip at the beach. We did get out of it on our own but gosh that is a shit your pants experience.

• Twice I've had loaded guns pointed at me.

Once I fell asleep sitting up and fell onto the floor closing off my windpipe. Just as I started to "white out" and lost consciousness, my body rolled over, clearing my airway and I quickly recovered.

And I was boating with some friends when a couple of them decided to swim to shore. I tried to swim with them but was exhausted and didn't think I could make it to shore. I tried to make it back to the boat, but the waves worked against me and I almost drowned. I rested for a bit and was eventually able to swim to shore.

• Yes, two times... once when I was only about 3 years old, I nearly drowned in the sea when my swim ring started blowing out... but my parents were nearby. Anyway, that was my first diving :P
    The second time, I fell from a tree, when I was 12 years old, it was very high, about 30 ft... I broke my left leg and right arm, and I had a concussion... I was in hospital about three weeks and then about four weeks in spa rehabilitation center.

• Not really. But there was this one time I almost drowned in a river at the age of 6 or so. But my dad saved me, dived in to the water with everything of value still in his pockets lol. Funny thing is my friend who was with us tried to save me too but he began drowning as well xD

• I almost drowned once, And the guy there with me told me to save myself.
      He was a real asshole lol

• Let's hope he drowns or something.

• I haven't seen that dude since I was a kid lol
      I wouldn't want anybody to drown, That's some scary shit :(

• I fell on a dock spike when I was 8 years old. Slipped on the wet wood of the timber frame and if I did not catch myself on the wet wood with my hands eight inches of dock spike would have gone through my heart. It just so happens my rib cage blocked it also. I chipped the bone in my rib though.

• Yeah, twice even. They had to resuscitate me once.. ^.~
    But I don't regret anything, as a friend were in danger.

• Yes, funny story actually. I was going camping with my dad, my brother and a few of his friends a couple summers ago and we had decided to go to a place with a lot of small waterfalls. Well being myself I thought that it was a smart idea to jump down one that happened to empty into a very small but very deep pool. So I jump in eager to be the first to say that I withstood the freezing water. When I wasn't surfacing I started to swim upwards. When I still wasn't surfacing I swam up harder and harder until my face finally surfaced. I had just enough time to take in another breath before I was sucked back under again. This happened a few more times until I managed to grab onto a ledge which wasn't all that reliable since friction was literally the only thing keeping me from falling back in. Eventually My brother and his friends found me and were able to drag my dumb ass out before I could drown or something.

• Almost drown at a cousin's wedding.
    That wasn't a great day.

• a few times

car almost hit a bus head on, got stabbed, a drop in ceiling saved my head from getting hit with a bat which made a 2 inch deep dry wall dent, been very near a shootout that i can hear bullets bouncing off hard objects, a few big fights where it was me vs. a few guys... i m sure there's way more i lived on to forget about.

• oh an da car hit my car from behind going 160km/hour while i was going 60/hour

i got out, saved his life and collapsed. got an award from the police department for that.

• Yeah, I've almost died a few times already. Once a priest actually came to the hospital and gave me my last rites because they really thought I was going to die

• 5 car accidents, an ex with a knife, almost drowned twice, an electrified fence and peaches in general have all tried and failed to kill me.

• Maybe... I've been face to face with a black bear, panther, and alligator in the wild... The bear was the most chill. The other 2 wear fucking mad as fuck... I almost drown off the coast of West Palm Beach in hurricane waves that were 10+ feet as well.

• Yes, many times.

• Almost felt like it.

Hit by a car , almost fell off roof , almost drowned.
    I feel lucky to be alive xD

• When my mum was giving birth to me the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck so they had to do an emergency c-section because my pulse had become faint. I'm happy to say that I didn't die!

• I almost drown as a teen. If it wasn't for my friend rescuing me I'd be dead.

• I could've gotten hit by a car when I was a toddler had it not been for my godmother.

• Yeah, if you crash your motorcycle, do what I did and slide underneath the guard rail. Sliding into the support post will kill or seriously injure/cripple you.

• No sir I haven't

• Flipped my four wheeler.
    A hairy flight or two.
    Family wrecked the truck about a month ago

• I actually died. Lol

• Also had 3 operations on my stomach (ileostomi) one on my broken collarbone one on my skull from a car accident, had a hernia...

• Yes i went into the ocean with my jeans without knowing how to swim lol o was ubside down asking for help i couldnt put my head above the water then my sister tried to catch me with her finger lol then her finger slipped away i was think oh my god im really dying this can't br happeneing then my sister pushed my head up with her two arms lol i dont wear orange until now i hated that t shirt

• Yes I have

• yes... once my crush was messing with me at school and sat in my lap..
    god i almost died... i mean it..

• Yes. In November 2012. Within the period of a month I was into 4 accidents and except one all had few deaths. Total 10+ people died in 3 of them. Luckily I got only few scratches but it shook up my body. My friend was in coma.