Are you where you thought you'd be 5 years ago?

• Yes
    20% (6)43% (19)34% (25)Vote
  • No
    80% (24)57% (25)66% (49)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Where did you want to be?

0|0
9|20

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd hoped to be either married or living with a serious girlfriend. My business and schedule inconsistencies quashed that hope.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well, hopefully it happens soon

• Show All
    • You'll figure it out.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, at that time I thought I will be in the Maths and Programming class but now I'm in the Biology-Chemistry class. 😂
    Such a big difference... (*sarcasm*) 😂

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• never really thought about it but i am. 5 years ago i starting dating my now wife. at this point i was really into her and could see a future with her

the only thing i don't know if i would have necessarily predicted is that we would have a kid

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I am pretty much. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • No way hahaha that's why I don't make any more long-term plans, they'll change anyways

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I got further! :)

1|1
    0|0
  • NO, NOT AT ALL. Still stuck in a dead end job I don't like. Thought I would have a care by now or at least a better job. But I'm still trying and working to get an art/graphic design career going.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've already gotten offered an academic scholarship by 3 colleges so I think I'm exactly where I wanted to be

1|0
    0|0
  • I didn't really think about it at 13, but one thing which has happened is I'm not single, which I would never of thought would happen. But like I said, I never really thought of where I'd like to have been, but where I am I'm content with.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I only make minor goals that I know I can achieve

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, not in any way shape or form, I know a lot more than I did, but nothing important has changed

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup... I am doing great and working away it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am living my dream from 5 years ago. So specifically the place I am at, no, but the type of place, yes. A lot has changed in those five years, some good, some bad. All in all though, I am where I want to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • In Sixth Form? Yeah. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • 10 years ago I was 15

I'd knew I'd still be at home taking care of my family

At 35 I hope to be moved out

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I honestly thought I'd be dead by now.

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted yes but to be honest I'm better off than I thought it would be 5 five years ago

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not.

1|0
    0|0
  • nope. thought i'd be dead by now. i'd rather be in the ground.

1|0
    0|0
  • Almost... not 100% but almost... pretty much I believed I'd be like dat... but life's been slightly better than I was expecting...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Nope. I thought I would be in Uni learning how to write better and in my own place with a drivers license and with everything together.

Instead, I'm doing my third year of VCE. I don't have my license. I don't have a job. I'm living with my grandparents. And I have anxiety issues that are holding me back massively. Not to mention that I don't write nearly as much as I used to.

1|0
    0|0
  • big difference. Let's see five years ago I was in 8th grade, expecting to go through college and get an art major, and possibly be in a terrible relationship. At that point, all I knew I liked was art, and I was dating a douchebag of a guy. I thought with my kind sul I would never be able to break up with him, or say no to him, and I worried he would still want to date me. Luckily i gained the courage to end it with him a month later. I thought i would be away from home, in college

But now, I'm in a completely different situation. I gave up art as a career, and move to theatre, then education, and now I don't know where I want to go. I'm still living at home, and going to a community college, and working. I'm not currently in a relationship, and haven't been for almost 6 months. Plus I have changed as a person in general. I thought I would be like I was when I was in 8th grade. But high school changed my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I didn't imagine I would accomplish a lot. So i definitely exceeded more then I thought i could handle

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I definitely didn't see my life going this way and thought I'd have a different job at least.

1|0
    0|0
  • No but I wish...

1|0
    0|0
  • I would have been 12, I'm not sure I even thought about this at that age

1|0
    0|0
  • No not at all, haha. 5 years ago I thought I would be living aboard.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I'm a pothead. I don't do sports anymore. I've just been going down a dark path from a lot of shit that's happened in the past year and I never thought I'd be doing all the shit I have been.

1|0
    0|0