How to make it work with a LDR?

I've recently started dating a guy who is 1 1/2 hours away from me. When i'm with him i feel great. We have a great connection and have a lot of fun when we are in eachothers company. Sometimes there are silences with us and i think that if we were closer we'd have an even better connection. But how do i make it work? He's not always in communication with me. But he always contacts me, sometimes he'll go a few days because he's busy working. What can i do to make our relationship stronger?

What Guys Said 1

• 1 1/2 hours isn't that bad at all darling. You can make it work, you just have to try. It's true, it'd probably be easier to talk if you were in each others company because you usually communicate through texts so you aren't as used to hearing each others voices. Set aside times to see each other obviously; every weekend, every other day if you can make the drive, etc. Get comfortable with talking by setting aside times to call each other. Watch movies, t. v shows, etc. over the phone together. Don't be afraid to ask questions and talk, it might be awkward at first but that will fade over time. My girlfriend lived 2000 miles away from me and by the time I started calling her more often and trying to hang out with her our relationship was already fizzling out. LDR's are about progress and putting as little distance between yourself as possible. 1 1/2 hours isn't all that bad; perhaps once you get to know each other more you can start planning to spend weekends there, then plan to take vacations together, etc. You can make it work if you both put in the effort.

What Girls Said 0