People who claim to be "nice" are almost never actually nice, true or false?

This ain't about nice guys, I'm talking anyone. In any context, anyone who claims "they are nice" are infact, not nice. They feel like their niceness should be repayed in some way.

I just found out the first time a few days ago. Someone claiming 'to be nice', next thing you know a few days later, she's trying to blackmail me for money, haha (most likely because they felt like their "niceness" was being taken advantange of")

• True that
  • False
  • Not sure
what say ye
u will experience it one day, I couldn't believe the 2 facedness

Most Helpful Girl

• Just beware anyone who explicitly DECLARES to be "nice"... just as you should beware people who DECLARE to be "strong and independent", or honest, or... any other personality trait.

Basically always a red flag.

"You can trust me!" Lol.

"I'm not that kind of girl!" Sure yr not.

Etc.

Here. Pop quiz.
    You have to CONVINCE people that you are honest.
    Quick! What kind of person are you?

...

...

...

Yep. Yr a con man, or a thief, or something along those lines (::cough:: politician ::cough::)

You see where I goes, with this.

The only possible motivation someone would ever have for DECLARING a character trait, would be artifice. Hoping you could plant that image in people's heads BEFORE THEY REALIZED OTHERWISE.

First impressions are strong. By declaring themselves to have certain traits, these people are hoping to doctor people's first impressions of themselves.

People who HAVE those traits would have no reason to do this... because they have the traits! Their true colors will show through.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• I think it's true. "Nice" is one of those things that it's okay for others to say about you, but it makes no sense for you to say it about yourself. If people don't realize that you're nice without you pointing it out, then you probably aren't as nice as you think you are.

• I agree with you, this certainly applies to some people - not everyone though.

I've seen a lot of people say to others that they're nice but they say it in a way that they then think everyone should bow down at their feet and they don't understand why they have problems dating when they're this fantastically nice, adoring person.

I prefer to let others decide whether I'm nice or not, of course I'm not going to go out of my way to hurt anyone unless they've done something to me or someone I care about.

• I think everyone has a "Jekyll" and "Hyde "side to them. No one is nice all of the time. I wouldn't intentionally hurt anyone but that doesn't mean I never hurt people

• Yes, there is a difference between "being nice" and "being a nice person" but really you should be looking for kindness... Look for a kind person.

• umm not really.

• Actions speak louder than words. If you actually are a nice person, people will be able to see it through your actions. Nice people don't tell the world that they're nice, they show the world that they're nice.

What Guys Said 14

• If you have to tell someone that you are "nice"... you probably know you aren't.
    I find it much easier to tell people that im a jerk... that way, when i am a jerk, its not much of a surprise to them.

• People who constantly claim to be a certain way, whether it is nice, smart, or funny, usually aren't.

• That's just stupid. So anything anyone writes on a CV to get a job is a lie? Why the fuck do we use them then?

• @Humping_Tornadoes
      Thanks. I dont why he's going off on a tangent about cover letters lol

• haha no prob and yes, no clue how he made that correlation there. I stopped responding because we started going on circles anyways.

• People who only do nice things because they want everyone to notice is not really a nice person. If a person is benefiting from being nice then they aren't really a nice or kind person.

A truly nice person comes by it naturally!

• There's a very simply rule about everything about people ever. If it's something they go out of their way to convince you they have, it's something they almost always lack. Marketing people. You really think strawberry milk has strawberries?
    The man who needs to say he's king, is not a king.

• So those who claim to be bad, are actually good? :/

• I know some amazingly nice people, and one thing they all have in common is that they never talk about how nice they are. Just sayin'

• Not at all true.

But yeah people who claim they are "nice" sometimes have the tendency to fuck you over!

• Most actual nice people don't go around saying how nice they are. People who do seem to be trying to convince themselves because deep down inside they know they aren't.

• dont go by what the say go by there actions

• I claim to be nice and I am indeed nice

• Everyone is nice in their own mind.

• Yepp, if they have to say it instead of showing it by their actions, most likely they are

• Most people i see who claim to be nice are nice.

They're also a little passive aggressive, because they don't know how to be assertive.

But to go calling someone who tries to get things by being extra nice and is hurt when they don't get they want a jerk or on part with people who maliciously do things and don't care about others at all is a stretch.

• Nice people actually rarely say that they're nice. It may or may not appear that they're nice but they most probably never claim that they're nice.