Would you spend $300 on a hobby that no one else liked/everyone thought it was weird?

• Yeah I would
  • No I wouldn't
  • I might

Most Helpful Guy

• not going to lie... i have cosplayd before and i want a costume that's over £1000 haha but yea, from what I've seen of you on gag... if you want to buy a tail or outfit then go for it, do what you love and enjoy and ignore other people opinions if they like different things!

you do what you want n your life, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! ^.^

• What did you cosplay? That's really cool :D

• @DocRim i have been tron with the 2 discs, lee sin from league, ODST from halo and the thing i want to buy is iron man all mechanical so the faceplate comes up, his back vents flare smoke and high powered air.. its awesome, i really want to do more and go to a convention but noone else is interested haha, im not good at making friends.. especially similar to me, guess im just that special egg >.< im guessing you are interested too?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• It is your hobby and you like it.. that is the only opinion that should count.. do not ever worry what others think.. that is one of the problems in this world.. people worry always what others think.. I do not and never have.. people will think what they want anyways.. if they got a problem please come and say it to my face.. that would be the more constructive approach

• - It's MY hobby
    - It's MY money
    - It's MY life
    - It's MY happiness that matters to me
    Why the fuck would I care about other assholes' opinions?

• A hobby is for personal enjoyment. What others think is their problem, and $300.00 is pretty cheap compared to some hobbies (have you ever looked at the costs of real swords? [one of my hobbies]). Besides it's your money, if it makes you happy then do it.

• If I like something, I won't be letting other people sway my way of thinking
    I collect fans that I find beautiful, that's pretty weird, no? ^.~

• Not many people care about airsoft but I spent at least that much on it.

• You do you girl.

You wanna cosplay? Go for it. Life's too short to not be yourself.

• well what kind of hobby would that be? can't really think of one since there is bound to be someone else who would like it and/or not find it weird.

• If only I can figure out what it would be and that I absolutely knew I'd be committed to it and enjoy it then it could be possible.

• I wouldn't exactly have a hobby for other people to judge, if it means that much to me then yes I would.

• I buy Crap Tons of Anime stuff, and 99% of the population, probably thinks I'm a feak for my Anime stuff, so why not, if I had 300 dollars I would totally spend it

• It's my hobby, why should I care what people think of it?

• Only $300? haha. I like to collect gaming mice and expensive soccer balls

• If I had the money, yes. I have spent multiple hundreds on large collections of books like the Ante Nicene Fathers.

• Why would it matter if no one else liked it or everyone thought it was weird? If I enjoy it, none of that would matter.

• Depends

From what you wrote on a reply it seems its sexually related. If thats the case at 14 you are getting negative exposure and right now you shouldn't

• It's not at all sexual, I was just giving examples.

• Well it would depend. If its something you like and has a positive impact on you for the greater good. Yes then you shouldn't worry if no one likes it. Hobbies are meant to be experienced alone and with people, if you so choose to

• people fear that which they do not understand...

• wure. hobbies are for you, not for others, so fuck them :D

• Why care if something is mainstream go for it if you enjoy it

• Yeah. It's my hobby. I don't give a f what anyone else thinks.

• Already have.

• I have spent *alot* more than that on hobbies that most people don't get at a clip...

• I literally just did

• I spent close to $400 on skins for League of Legends...

• I wouldn't spend that much on anything

What Girls Said 6

• If I had the money for it, yes. I enjoy the hobby, why not.

• Yea sure I don't see why not? Its not like its $3000 lol

• It's my hobby, not theirs, and they can kiss my lower lips if they have a problem with it.

• Well I've already spent like 300 bucks on collecting stuffed alpacas (alpacasso) so... I'm already doing it lol. But I've calmed down now.

• It's my hobby so yes I would.

• Depends on the hobby.