Who has been to Las Vegas?

I'll finally be 21 in may! along with some of my other friends. we're thinking about flying to Vegas in June or so to celebrate and take a vacation. have you ever stayed there? any hotel recommendations? places to visit? etc... thanks for helping!
side note: we're all broke college students so preferably no $2000/person hotels lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I have but it was many years ago. They have cheap motels so you can stay there its close to the strip.

What Guys Said 6

• I've spent tons of time in Vegas!! I'm not into strippers and casinos too by the way, so it really does have a few different things to offer.

You can find some good deals on hotels if you shop around! Excalibur is cheap, really big, has AMAZING pool, but the rooms are old so don't expect Hilton quality in the bedrooms. But they are not awful either.

I've also stayed at Palms and Bellagio, which are REALLY nice. They have great deals sometimes. Well Palms has deals. Bellagio is always expensive.

You can find some hotels kind of south of the strip that might be cheaper too, i did that once. You won't get a nightlife tho. I thought I was smart by booking a cheaper off-center town hotel, but it was boring and had a bunch of old people lol. That wasn't a great idea. So stay close to the strip!

• thanks bae! I've checked out the excalibur, that was one of my options :) yeah I definitely wanna stay in the strip lol. I dont plan on strip clubs and what not hahah just maybe some nightclubs and bars (which us not normally my thing!) and shopping around during the day! since ya know, pennsylvania has nothing :p

• And you may be interested in the big Outlet mall by the strip, haha i could go on forever, there's so much to do.

• Okay thanks! always can count on you lol <3

• You get better deals on rooms off the strip. Green Valley Ranch or South Point are great locations as long as you have wheels. With Uber, it's very easy to get transportation downtown for the day/night while staying in a nice room when you want to relax.

Those locations have great food and don't cost as much as say, the Cosmopolitan and Planet Hollywood. The price versus what you get is substantially higher when casinos have to try harder to earn your patronage.

• thanks! :) I've been looking on Expedia for hotel + flight deals, I can get pretty good deals for Polo Towers, Stratosphere and I've always liked the looks of the Luxor hotel lol. I just dunno which is the best I guess, wanted to see if anyone here had some recommendations

• is it really? lol

• The rooms are slanted because of the shape. But if that's your prefence, I guess that's why people go there lol.

• Vegas can be lots of fun but you gotta know how to do it right. For hotel I think the best way to balance keeping cost down with still having a great time is to find a decent place on the strip and then get as many people into the room as you can while still being somewhat comfortable. This is probably easier to do for guys, but if you can get 4 of you in a room then splitting the cost won't be too bad. But being on the strip makes a HUGE difference because there's a bunch of fun places that you can easily walk to (save $$ by not having to get a cab) and plus you don't want to get away from the strip... it gets pretty sketchy, especially at night.

Beyond that it really depends on your interests for you and your friends. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any other questions.

• i was gonna go for my aunts birthday with my dad and family, but i didn't. i heard some of the stories and i regret not going... the only time i went was when i was 9... it was fun as hell, though

• Not interested in gambling and prostitutes.
    They'd have to pay me to go there.

• I is on my bucket list! Perhaps next year, this year is Hawaii.

What Girls Said 0