Is it ok to drink alone occasionally while watching tv or a movie or something, or is it always a sign of alcoholism?

alcoholism runs in my family so i try to be super careful about drinking. is it ok to occasionally drink some wine while i watch tv or a movie by myself or is it always bad?

• it's always a sign of alcohlism
  • it's fine if it's not all the time
  • other/unsure

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't think it's a problem then it doesn't matter what others think

Most Helpful Girl

• I do.. I have two kids if I didn't have a drink whilst cooking/cleaning/watching a movie I would go insane. I only do it once ever 2 weeks or so, I don't consider it being a problem.. this is coming from someone who's mother drinks heavily every day and is nasty drunk or not. I never used to drink at all but decided just because she isn't responsible doesn't mean I can't have a good time every once in a while.. I think I'm stronger than her and won't let myself become her.

What Guys Said 8

• Hey, I'm nursing a High Gravity Steel Reserve right now while babysitting you folks. I have no problem with it.

• It could be a sign but one thing is for sure, every time you take a drink of alcohol alone or not the chances of alcoholism forming increases.

• i do it all the time. whats wrong with that?

• its normal man.

everyone has a drink or two or more alone sometimes.

i do too and smoke herb alone too before bed

• lol, most people call that a Tuesday... actually it is, but only if it's boxed.

• i do tend to see drinking alone as a sign of alcoholism

• I'll have a pint sometimes when I'm watching a movie or something... Yeah its fine!;)

• Nothing wrong with that once in awhile , guys like to have a beer like that too

What Girls Said 2

• I don't see that being an extreme version of consuming alcohol, but it's perfectly fine to drink wine occasionally.

• the occasional drink is ok, its when it becomes everyday, multiple times a day or you can unwind without a drink in hand that you should be concerned about.