I just turned 21 yesterday. What should I start with since I'm a newbie at this?

I definitely dont plan on drinking often, but I do wanna try it at least once. Will a frozen drink like this from Fat Tuesday be too much for a first timer?
I just turned 21 yesterday. What should I start with since I'm a newbie at this?I dont really know my alcohols and fear getting alcohol poison... I'll probably be a lightweight

Learned that im not into anything with strawberries, bananas, vanilla, coconut, or milk #HorrificlyAwful

More into things with coke, champagne, bourbon, rum, and tropical flavors (punch-like or peachy) lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Happy Birthday 🎂 Sorry I've never drank lol but I hope you had a good b day!

• Thanks you :) and yea i seriously think I'll try the drinkinh this once. Overall, it doesn't become me

• Oh cool I'm glad you had a good birthday :)

• Thank you ☺️☺️☺️

Most Helpful Girl

• Happy belated birthday RaeBae!!! 👑🎁🎂🎉🎊🎈

If you're going to drink at Fat Tuesday's, just one of the frozen drinks will be enough for you. And DON'T get the 190 Octane!!! Also drink water in between. I've been drinking since I was 18 (very heavily in college) and have only had 2 hangovers. Happy drinking babe!

• Lol thanks girl! And 190 octane? Is that the name of the drink or the cup?

• Lol just make sure to stir occasionally because the liquor tends to settle at the bottom.

• I went to Fat Tuesday and tried some shots of frozen peach bellinis for my first drink! I turned it up like an idiot and gave myself a horrible brain freeze! I felt like my head was going to explode. But it was basically just frozen fruity champagne haha

What Guys Said 13

• Ok if you are planning to get drunk for the first time, there's something that WILL happen you for the first time and it's your very first hangover. But before that, here's some tips for the drinking:

*Drink slowly so you can adjust your level of your drunkenness. If you get wasted fast, get few more drinks and as those are really go from your stomach to your bloodstream, it will hit you hard. The moment you don't taste raw alcohol (like tequila or other strong shots), it's a great time to stop drinking more. Like immediately.

*Alcohol poisoning can happen but it's relatively rare. It usually requires large amounts of strong alcohol (like 30% or more) in short amount of time. Those drinks in the picture are most likely between 5-10%.

*Don't overdo it. Because what will come after drinking is...
    THE HANGOVER!!! *scary noises*
    To counter (or at least to make it milder) is something you kind of have to force yourself to do. And that is to drink more... water. Just when you get to home from your night out and don't want to even think getting any liquids in you, you need to make yourself to drink water. About 0.5-1 liters should be enough and what it does it hydrates you. Alcohol dehydrates your body (even the low % ones) and that killing headache in the mornings is due the dehydration. I usually drink the water with an ibuprofen pill (the 'over the counter' pills you take for headaches) even if my head doesn't hurt at that point. I take it before I go to sleep to sleep better and if I'm lucky I'll sleep past the worst part of the hangover. Just double and triple check that the pill you are planning to take (if you are planning to take one) is good to go with alcohol that you will have in your body even if you stopped drinking a while ago.

• Wow this is great advice!! But Im not sure if i should drink being that im probably alreay dehydrated! I only drink like two bottles of water two times a week 😣

• You've been sooo helpful! Thank you

• 21 and you don't know about drink? mmm respect - 1

I ain't heard of no fat Tuesday before but as an indication of strength you need to check the percentage to give you an idea some of the harder whiskey/vodka will be around 40 - 80 %

But for you. . . I'd recommend shots, they can break you in

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• Fat Tuesday is popular in Vegas and then a few southern states. And yea shots would be a good start! Thanks

• @Killer-Queen Don't worry about it DesiDoo can doo this. She ain't going throw up or anything, she's tough. You got to trust DooMguy remember I'm a doctor

• Hahahah I put the DOO in Doom

• You should start with cocktails and see if you can like that :P
    The gurlz I know seem to like coconut malibu a lot. Try the passion fruit variation as well.

• Each person has their own flavor when it comes to alcohol. We all start as lightweights and I personally miss being a lightweight; way cheaper to get a buzz.

I'm more of a Vodka type of guy, can't go wrong with it.

• Lol i dont think I'll be a lightweight, but then again i can't even stand the smell of alcoholc so we'll see

• I'm a noob here too, so I say get an early childhood throwback on and just mix it all together :P

• vegas.

• I definitely wanna go, but I wanna get up $2500-5000 first

• The items werent too bad. Everything was $350 and under 👌🏾

• ridiculous goal you have

• Your body will tell you when to stop

• I need tips on what alcohol to try?

• Margaritas are done either frozen or on the rocks

• Yea they had frozen margaritas. I may try it another time

• You have to look up the alcohol content before drinking stuff like that

• Drink
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    EVERYTHING!!!

• Lol Dizzy you trying to kill Desi, huh?

• Get a Four Horsemen and a Bear Fight

• Lol sounds cool

• Lol sounds like you had fun!

• Haha yea sorta

• Just try a normal beer at first.

• Honestly beer is probably the one drink i will never try

• Bacardi and diet coke

• Tequila salt body shots off a guy wearing nike's

What Girls Said 4

• Happy belated girl... 😆 I'd love to help you out but I don't drink 😕

• ahaha Be careful with the fruity drinks because it's the sugar that will cause your deathly hangover in the morning. Stock up on caffeine free soda, pickles, and/or Alka-Seltzer if you may go all out. I am the hangover queen. Oh, and don't drink that Fireball shit if FT has it. Eat first and have fun. Happy 21st!

• Lol thanks!! I'll definitely get some soda and seltzer but pickles are ewww, and yea i seriously fear the HANGOVER

• Sounds yum!!

• I starts with the classic at 19 legal in Canada - rum and coke. But be careful and don't over do it. At first 2 drinks made me happy than 4 was almost a lot... 3 years later an average of 9-10 is what gets me going and it has to be hard. But I recently cut down drinking over last 2 months drinking 6 days a week at clubs to 1s a week

• Lol i dont even club haha and i probably won't drink again, i just wanna try it

• Novelty drinks like that can often make you sick because of all the sugar and dye. I'd suggest having a small (12 oz) daiquiri/colada/hurricane or something if you want to try one and then light beer or uncomplicated mixed drinks if you want to have more. Maybe one glass of wine if you prefer it - though wine hangovers are terrible, so don't overdo it.

Club soda, vodka (or whiskey or gin) and lemon or lime is the simplest mixie - though if you're looking for sweet you may want to try Captain Morgan (spiced rum) and Coke or 7/7 (Seagram's 7 and 7 up) or Jameson (Whiskey) and ginger ale or something like that.

Steer clear of all alcohol mixed drinks, like Long Island Iced Tea until you're more familiar with booze effects you.

• Thanks girl :)

• That sounds like a good first time drink - minus the brain freeze!