Should I go to the date?

I have a date tomorrow, but something nasty happened. Due to my period, I got a hormonal pimple RIGHT under my nose, and there is still a bit of swelling. I can hide the redness with concealer, but my it would still look swelled. Should I cancel the date? It would be the second time I would be cancelling one. Ugh. It's making me realllyyyy conscious.

• Cancel the date
  • Don't cancel the date

Most Helpful Guy

• um go. I bet it's not as noticeable to him as it is to you. If you cancel, he's going to think you're not into him. If this guy likes you, a pimple won't stop him. It's not like "oh damn she's hot as hell, too bad about the pimple, that dropped her a few points". And if this guy happens to be this absurd that he does change his mind over a pimple, then he isn't worth it

• Well we are going to meet for the first time so I wanted to look my best, but I really can't wait to meet him anymore, and these pimples are coming and going.

• how was ur date

• Well it was good but full of awkwardness :P

Most Helpful Girl

• If you like the guy I would go. You don't want him thinking you're reconsidering the date because you don't like him (because he will), try wrapping some ice in a tissue or something and that should take the redness and swelling down a bit. On the date, if you try not to be too subconscious about it and bring his attention to it. Either way, if he's a good guy the last thing he will be looking at is a pimple :)

If you haven't gone to bed yet another thing you can try is a dab of toothpaste on the spot overnight. That might take it down a bit.

• It was a cyst, and you know, how cysts are. They take time to heal. It's like a bump under my nose now. :(

What Guys Said 7

• Send the guy a message ahead of time telling him that you're a bit embarrassed that you have a big pimple, hope he doesn't mind, and that he will have 2 minutes when you meet to get all the jokes off his chest before you beat the crap out of him.

• Hahah but I thought I could make it as a joke ahead of time, but then it hit me that what if after concealing it, it would become less visible, but now that I have told him about it, he WOULD try to find it on my face. :P

• hahaha... then don't conceal it.

If you think about it, it's not a bad way to see how superficial the guy is.

• Well certainly, it is good way to see his superficiality. Haha. :D

• You have to learn to he comfortable withyourself. If you keep canceling he's not going to think you are interested in him.

• Yes, that's what I fear. And it's embarrassing to keep on cancelling the dates.

• inform him prior... and go.

• Well it would make him aware of something that is actually on my face when maybe he wouldn't have noticed it.

• that's what causes the self consciousness. u'd feel better knowing that he's aware and it doesn't bother him, than wondering if he notices it.

i had cystic acne when i was younger. went through that shit everyday.

• Its funny that one girl did say to cancel the date in the poll :p!!! Canceling a date for a pimple , "How stupid" , A guy doesn't care about a red pimple!!! Girls Be Like _/\_ :3

• Is this really true? :O Won't you care about a pimple if you are meeting a girl for the first time?

• Hell No , Pimples aren't permanent , they go away , what does it have to do with a date..! Will you judge a man if he has a small red pimple? If you look good then a small pimple under your nose doesn't matter!!! :)

• I will notice a pimple, but then as I start enjoying with someone, I zone out and forget about everything. Haha. :D A pimple won't change my opinion.

• Would you want a guy you like to cancel because of some pinple swelling?

• Pop that sh*t and go.

• I can't pop it. It's almost at the level of my skin now, but there's a bit of swelling. It was cyst. That's why.

• Don't be weird, a small pimple bump isn't going to wreck havoc, lol

• But in sunlight, each imperfection of the face is more prominent. And I can't go out at night. Lol. I asked my brother, and he couldn't even tell I had a bump, but being a girl, I am a little self conscious.

• Being imperfect and still confident is damn sexy. :)

• 😊☺👍

What Girls Said 5

• I'd say go. Pimples happen, I'm sure he's had lots of experience with them too. You can always try to apply a bit of rubbing alcohol to it to try to dry it out, or tooth paste to it overnight if you've found that to work before. Just don't touch it too much.

• Yes I am avoiding touching it. IT can spread infection.

• Go on the date :-)
    Chances are you'll have a lovely time! And trust me, he's not gonna get home and be like 'great girl man.. Shame about that pimple though'

Haha - he probably won't even notice to be honest! Or address it and laugh it off like 'warning: big ass pimple on my face!' Haha.

Don't panic, I'm sure you'll still look gorgeous :-)

• I hope so. This opinion made me smile and have boosted my confidence a little.

• Cancelling a date twice will prob ruin your chances. Put some ice on it to take the swelling down then conceal. He won't care.

• I really hope he won't. Meeting for the first time.

• Girl just drown that thing in concealer and do your thing

• OMG! So big deal, mother nature brought on something to make a situation feel a little uncomfortable for you. When a guy is interested in you he doesn't even notice that stuff enough to mention or care about it. Have a little confidence and go with it... DON'T CANCEL!